Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Persian VZ 24 I am thinking of trading or selling. Very nice condition, bolt does not match but is very close to receiver number. Bought a while back, any thoughts on current value? PM ok. coverga

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,783 Posts
These are hard to find. I bought a mismatched one on Gunbroker in December 2010 for $482. Photos are in Mausers, Only Mausers, page 6, post 270. It was captured by Iraq and has a 1981 Iraqi coin in place of the marking disk.

The standard VZ98/29 bayonet will not work on this rifle if a cleaning rod is installed because the channel in the bayonet is too short. The correct bayonet is the same as a VZ98/29 bayonet except that it has a full length cleaning rod channel and clean out holes in the wood grips, the same as a VZ24 bayonet. The bayonet is harder to find than is the rifle. I got my bayonet from Europe.

The bayonet in the photos is a standard VZ98/29 bayonet I used before I got the correct bayonet.

Regards,
Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.