Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Welcome to Gunboards!

I see you are going right to the top of Mauser collecting.

Good luck with your search.

Spartan301

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I finally got my firearm permit in NJ a few months ago. I started out looking for the usual, conventional modern rifles. Then I learned about C&R and stumbled upon the Persian Mauser. My parents are Persian, although I don't speak a word. But the firearm is incredibly attractive and, from reviews, useful for hunting. This is an addicting and expensive hobby!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I have a few Mausers, but no Persians.....yet.

I know we have a few members with Persian Mausers.

Hopefully they will post some pics of them for you.

The Cadillac of Mausers!

Reactions: 655mauser

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Persians have always been nice.....I visited Samco around 1996 and as able to wrangle a couple of Persians with matching bayonet and test target.....At the time I think they were $499 each and I had several friends who balked at the price.....

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Thanks! I finally got my firearm permit in NJ a few months ago. I started out looking for the usual, conventional modern rifles. Then I learned about C&R and stumbled upon the Persian Mauser. My parents are Persian, although I don't speak a word. But the firearm is incredibly attractive and, from reviews, useful for hunting. This is an addicting and expensive hobby!
I am not sure what the OP meant with his reference to C&R. But my understanding is that NJ does not allow residents to purchase guns with a C&R license. AFAIK- NJ require guns ship to an FFL dealer. I dont know for certain all the details, but; as a C&R holder, NJ and the whole left coast is now off the table. Off my table.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am not sure what the OP meant with his reference to C&R. But my understanding is that NJ does not allow residents to purchase guns with a C&R license. AFAIK- NJ require guns ship to an FFL dealer. I dont know for certain all the details, but; as a C&R holder, NJ and the whole left coast is now off the table. Off my table.
Yes you would be correct, and I haven't gotten a straight answer that the njsp will put in writing saying a c&r isn't treated like a business. Nj requires a business license for an ffl but no mention of a 03 is exempt from that. Njsp says non needed but won't put that in writing as I was told.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,402 Posts
If you don't mind I will share pictures of mine. I bought mine from Samco. At that time I only lived about 10 miles from Samco and I personally new the owner. As such I was able to go into the warehouse and personally pick this one. I was the first one to do that right after they put their import markings on it. My rifle is 100% all matching with matching numbered bayonet, cleaning rod ,
Czech. factory test target and sling (number does not match). My sling does not have the basket weave finish but does have the Persian markings. The finish is immaculate with the screws having a straw finish. This has to be one of the top quality Mauser rifles made.

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,938 Posts
Best I've been able to figure is it's a correct sling I bought the rifle with the sling on it. I'll try and get some pics of it and post them.
Sorry, it is a K98k repro sling and not totally correct for a Persian M1949 carbine. Here is another with a correct repro sling buckle and a non-correct (but close to original) sling. And a correct bayonet with correct repro frog.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sorry, it is a K98k repro sling and not totally correct for a Persian M1949 carbine. Here is another with a correct repro sling buckle and a non-correct (but close to original) sling. And a correct bayonet with correct repro frog.

View attachment 3777081

View attachment 3777083
Ah excellent thank you for the insight, guess I'll add finding a correct sling to the find list.

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,938 Posts
If you don't mind I will share pictures of mine. I bought mine from Samco. At that time I only lived about 10 miles from Samco and I personally new the owner. As such I was able to go into the warehouse and personally pick this one. I was the first one to do that right after they put their import markings on it. My rifle is 100% all matching with matching numbered bayonet, cleaning rod ,
Czech. factory test target and sling (number does not match). My sling does not have the basket weave finish but does have the Persian markings. The finish is immaculate with the screws having a straw finish. This has to be one of the top quality Mauser rifles made.
View attachment 3776899 View attachment 3776900 View attachment 3776901 View attachment 3776902 View attachment 3776905 View attachment 3776909 View attachment 3776915 View attachment 3776919 View attachment 3776923 View attachment 3776928

Ed, it looks like your rifle must be a reject. One of the five shots on the target is outside of the box!!
:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.