Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I attempted to put these PIC's on, I was unable to, & deleted that "reply". My prior post mentioned the differences of the CSZ & Persian made bayonets. The rivets attaching cross guard for one. The press stud shaped differently. Most obvious are the small crescents on the grip bolts, and behind lower cross guard. Finally, the inside of King's Crown. The CSZ has an "X", the CSZ an "O". Hole these PIC's come out this time! I spend a great deal of time doing them.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, Andy this one is not Persian made? I know they made Carbines in 1949, I owned one. So this is then a rework? We know so little about these interesting bayonets. We know CSZ made rifles & bayonets in 1929.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
It's a fine repro from Harry Savage. The back is plain, just follow the same stitching as the front. I can't get to that bayonet now. Harry made 2 frogs for me.
Thanks. That's enough info for me. I once read that the genuine Persian frogs are stamped with the Pahlevi crown on their back side, thus my question.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.