Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found this carbine that had been in long term storage, full of dried grease on the outside of the rifle and even some on the stock, soft grease on the inside and the bore. Cleaned it all up, then gave the stock some Howard's Feed and Wax and the little gun is almost brand new. The serial numbers are in Arabic but the rear sight numbers are in Roman, has those little proof marks on all the parts and a larger one on the stock. There are no import marks, anybody have an idea when these came into the country?

·
Platinum Bullet Member with clusters
2,290 Posts
Grunner, we've had this discussion before, but my carbine has the Arabic numeral rear sight and is serial number 1983 in Farsi. I was told the numerals on the sight should be in Farsi, and maybe it should. It's my understanding the carbine was manufactured in Iran on Czech machinery. There's always the possibility some early carbines were fabricated using some Czech provided parts since all machinery was not in place. I've seen this happen before in firearms manufacturing, and even in my business where the engines were produced in Europe with offsetting contracts. I do wonder if your sight is correct. It would take a serious serial number study to get a heads up one way or the other. What's the serial number on yours, and maybe we can kick off the study with 2 immediate data points? Oh, yes, aint she just a honey? I really like mine!

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fredh, I don't know how to decipher the Farsi serial number, maybe someone can, I've also posted this over at the Middle Eastern forum. As far as the rear sight goes you can see in the pictures that the rear sight parts are proofed with the same proof that is on all the other parts, I also have a Bruno Persian 98/29 with the Farsi marked rear sight, that's why I thought the carbine's rear sight was different.

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,462 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.