Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if this belongs here so if the mods wish to move it somewhere else ok by me. I cannot afford to buy one of the Persian carbines in 8mm mauser. So having said that, I have a Persian carbine barrel complete with sights and a czech VZ24 action in nice shape. Only thing I'm lacking is a carbine style stock and handguard. If anyone knows of a source I'd be one happy person. I do have a complete VZ24 stock and handguard but really don't wish to cut it down. Thanks in advance. Frank

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
hi, Frank. those Persian carbines are very interesting, and pricey, as you mentioned. not trying to be negative to you, but the chance to find a loose stock is probably, "slim and none", if you are serious. since the metal you describe will be a put together deal, i think you just may as well continue in the same fashion with the wood. there are VZ24 stocks offered for reasonable prices, occasionally. then you will have a complete carbine to have and hold while still looking for an original type stock.

many many years ago, when i first got interested in milsurp stuff, i had the strongest interest in the Czech made examples. and it didn't take long, and i owned an early 1930 type Persian 'camel carbine'. it was in fair condition, with a shootable bore. the stock and exterior metal had no finish left as it had seen "much" use. so after i had it a couple years, i thought that i would use it for trading material, and then watch for another 'camel carbine' in better condition. it got traded quickly, and i have not even "seen" another since. don't expect to, either. learnt, the hard way. the early 1930 versions, are particularly scarce. if i was you, since you have some parts already, i would put together a fantasy 'camel carbine'.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frosty, the barrel's bore is almost in mint condition and the VZ24 action is in good shape in the white. Have to go through my VZ24 and see what I have. There was someone a few years back that had posted a link where carbine stocks could be found. I have one complete VZ24 stock and will most likely have to thin down the forward front of the stock. Thanks very much. Frank

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.