Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
It's a Dragoon rifle--they were produced a few years after 1930. I cannot remember the last year of production on them. I don't know why a Tula receiver was used. Nor do I know a good offer. I'd say $450; however, prices are insane right now. So, I don't know what a good offer would be.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Very cool to hear. I was thinking "ex-dragoon" because I thought Dragoon production ended in the 20's but what do I know. I'm so sorry........I got my markings confused, it's an Izhevsk.....not a Tula. Was Tula not making receivers in 1930?
Tula made receivers in 1930. You said it had a Tula marking on the tang. It's not horribly uncommon to see a rifle with a barrel from one factory, and a receiver from a different factory. I don't think it would be common to see that on a 1930 production rifle. Finland sometimes swapped barrels/receivers; however, these were generally (in my experience) older rifles from WW1.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.