Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up recently with some other items. Non metallic core. Brass?. Appears to be copper showing through on the wear areas though. Pin is marked but difficult to make out. I believe it is a 15? Thoughts/opinions are appreciated
Textile Art Symmetry Circle Pattern

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brass core indicates use for Kreigsmarine (Navy) Brass will not corrode when around salt water and moisture like iron.
Looks good from pics. Brass core is rarer. Adds $100 to retail value.
Interesting seems to make sense. Would you say about a $300 to $350 item? I have no clue and haven't decided if I am going to keep it or not.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Interesting seems to make sense. Would you say about a $300 to $350 item? I have no clue and haven't decided if I am going to keep it or not.
Prices vary based on condition, but a regular WWII German Iron Cross 1st class would bring 300/325. So this might be closer into the 400 range.

You could always do google search for WWII Kriegsmarine Iron Cross 1st class. I'm sure there are dealers out there that might have an example for sale to base an estimate price off of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.