Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,570 Posts
A very pretty , yet flawed piece of wood. And when the importer dot matrixed the serial number the first time, he put it over one of the scope mount screw holes. Oops! lets do it again? No cn sniper proof, not uncommon for a '34, but its nice when they are there. I think this was a good buy, these Finn capture snipers are headed nowhere but up! Hoo Rah!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
hello,

let me know when you get it in hand, you will need to take the stock off, first see if the Hex flat above the screw holes still has it sniper factory assembly serial most are hard to read or illegible but I believe for all HEX PE snipers they put that sniper number in 2 places. HEX flat and Recoil Lug. I have not had any 1932, 1933, 1934 snipers to confirm how EARLY they started this practice. I have them on 1935-1936 examples, here is where to look, not many ppl take the action out of the stock so it's very hard to get examples.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
1934 receiver. Sorry, no picture with date stamp.

I have 1936 (accepted in 1937) top mount sniper drawings for round receiver, they have all locations were different stamps were made, no info about mount number at that place.
I also have 1934 sniper drawings, but they are only drawings for mount, base, and their installation, also they contain drawings of the bent bolt. First complete drawings for PE snipers were made only in 1936

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,810 Posts
It will be interesting to see what the other one ends up going for tonight. Considering it has the sniper marking. I'm sure it won't get as many bids as it should as the stock is not pretty.(funny how the metal is what's worth $1000+ and a replacement stock can be had for under 2 bills but it'll effect the overall value).

I like the stock Pavlin ended up getting. Very pretty.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Vaughn I'll remove the stock and post pictures when I get it. I also have another 34 PE sniper restamped to 35. I'll check that one too and post the pics.

·
Gold Bullet member
3,084 Posts
I have a 34 I picked up a while back; I will check it and post pictures for you as well.

PA

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,810 Posts
You can always use an accumounts base but you'll likely need to modify the spacing on the holes. I wish they made blanks(they may and I just don't know about it) for the bases.

Congrats Pavlin,
Now you have two of the 185? Total imported. Just over 1% of the known examples. Pretty cool!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Thanks NCreptile. Somebody posted a thread here few weeks ago with a project of fitting accumount hex base on a similar Finn PE sniper. Not sure how it turned out but would like to see his finished rifle. I even gave the OP few ideas. Too bad they are not making blanks. I think it's a matter of time till Chinese will realize that there's a much bigger market for blank bases)) As for me I think I'll look for a original. I saw them popping up on ebay few times this past year and two times here. Molosky had two for sale few months ago. I think it's a matter of time till next one shows up somewhere.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.