Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen the reproduction covers, how can you tell then difference between the repro and original? Leather color, roller buckle color and metal, cloth...etc? Can anyone post photos of an original? ALos what is the price range on the original ones?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have seen the reproduction covers, how can you tell then difference between the repro and original? Leather color, roller buckle color and metal, cloth...etc? Can anyone post photos of an original? ALos what is the price range on the original ones?
original

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts

Attachments

·
Admin Emeritus
19,073 Posts
Holy moly the mother load Molosky. Nice.

Here are some comparison pictures.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I picked up an original 1940 dated one just like the one pictured here off Ebay for $85.00 buy it now. The problem is that originals don't seem to show up too often to help establish a good price baseline. Along with the things you note as a possible give away on new made reproductions like the buckles, leather etc., it seems mine also has a distinctive smell to the leather and fabric components that new ones don't have.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.