Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a PD online for $275, it states it in 93% condition. Is this a deal worth going after?

Thanks.........

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I thought it was too...........just wanted to make sure. I think I'll go ahead and tell 'em I want it since they'll hold it for me for a week then put it on a 60 day layaway after that.

Just called and I've got it on hold. They said it's missing one grip screw and has no holster wear. If I can't find a screw that'll fit I'll bet Star can fix me up.

Been wanting a Pete Dickey for a while.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,801 Posts
A grip screw should be no problem. STAR probably has new ones, or give M&M Gunsmithing a call for a used one. (703) 739-2150. (No connection to me)

Pete Dickey, incidentally, is alive and well. Saw him at a Dulles Expo gun show a few months ago.

M

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read on the net that S&W 457 magazines with a capacity of 8 will work in the Star PD.
Do any of you know this to be true?

·
Gold Bullet member
476 Posts
The magazine is probably the most sensitive part on a pistol.......... you may try but probably you'll waste your money. Why bother with S&W magazines when STAR original new ones are available???

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's the PD I just bought (just got through staining the grips) along with my BM. Very pleased with the PD I might add.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts