Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I cant get the system to allow me to re-register my original handle uscgjason
and was wondering if you can help. I never receive an email when I use the forgot password function.
Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had the same problem. I clicked the "forgot password" link, put in my email address, and they sent me a new password.

It's worked fine so far......

And you need to listen to me, I've been a member since 1969!

G

·
old user name

I'm like you, I want my old user name back on the boards. I could give a flip about the password.Why can't we get help on this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my problem is the automated password reminder doesnt work for me, it will NOT send me a new password and i cant re-register with my home email address now. I am having to use works email and that is not so kosher if they find out.
Anyway just trying to at the least get my old email address removed so i can use it again.
Jason

·
Copper Bullet member
80 Posts
Finally got the email reminder to work and I am back up and running, took awile but thanks for the help.
Jason

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Looks like lots of us have password problems

The system doesn't recognize my old password either, forcing me to come up with a slightly different handle. I can't use the email routine to reset it for my old handle because my provider has been acquired by a new company, twice, and the old one doesn't work and I can't remember it anyway.

It looks like the new system isn't working as smoothly as one would hope. Since an administrator hasn't replied to any of these posts, I wonder if they have password problems as well and are locked out.

BG.

G

·
I'm in the same boat. It wouldn't recognize my password, send it to me whaen requested, or let me register as a new user with the same email address I originally used. I ended up as if I were a new user with a different email address. I guess the original "me" is still in the system somewhere.

·
Administrator
19,257 Posts
Everybody on this thread-you need to PM me or post here what your old name is you want back. I'll make up a password randomly for you-then you can change it to whatever you want. Please list your:

Name wanted.

CUrrent name used.

E-mail you are currently using.

If its hotmail or yahooo they may be filtering us out and thats why you don't get the passwords etc...you will have to add us to your contacts.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Looseing log in

After logging in the system will drop me out, between boards and after a short period of time. What do I need to do?
Thanks,
Bill

·
Administrator
19,257 Posts
Tell the system to remember you and allow our site to place a cookie on your PC so it knows when you come in and out.

As far as the names go-all that I am aware of are addressed that day. If you have not been addressed then you have not followed the protocol I have layed out of letting me know who you are-what you want the name to be. I'm not Houdini and can't guess what your old username was or what you want the new one to be. The password is random and you can make it what ever you want it to be once you are all set. 95% of the e-mail reminders are because the e-mail address in the syetm is wrong or the e-mail is being filtered out as spam by your mail box. Yoy should check to be sure that Gunboards.com is in your address book or not blocked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts