Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was setting up at the ARH Washington,Pa gun show when I found out that Nelson Porter (Washington,Pa)and Doug Valero (Erie,Pa.) had passed away.Nelson was probably one of the best gun restorer in this country ! You could give him a Luger with 2 sets of numbers (top and bottom) in sin dipped in misery condition and get back a matched 99% Luger that fooled the best so called experts ! He once built a Iron frame Henry from scratch,for another deceased friend ,Hugh Eley,to sell to a guy who beat Hugh in a deal with a bogus gun.Well it was so good it went or close to a hundred grand at auction,to a fellow "down under"Hugh's revenge back fired ! Doug sold brass at gun shows He called me his number one buyer of brass .I will really miss them not being at this show and down the road !

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am sorry to hear this. I knew Nelson (and Lou) for many years and will miss him. RIP.
Yes I was saddened when Lou passed too.I sold lou many WW2 German items including 4 SS goblets and my G41 rifle,plus much,much more !Nelson did a lot of work for me on Lugers,and Broom handles. He was the best , An artist ! The first machine gun my wife ever shot was Lou's MP 40 ! I loved them like brothers !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.