Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i had seen pics of finn dragoons before, heck, i even own a russian one. but this was the first finn dragoon i had seen in real life. it was a beautiful 1929 tula with matching numbers, not a lick of rust anywhere. it had the curved rear site, a nice crisp SA mark, and the wood looked good......

what was left of it anyways. it had been cut (sportsterized as the proud seller put it), which i know happens alot. it also had a pistol grip primitavely nailed/glued on.

when i looked at the front site, it was not visable anymore as a cuplike device was crudely welded, with a stick welder no less, to the front of it. it was being sold as a golf ball launcher. the guy had no clue what kind of value/dignity he took from that gun.

come to think of it, i should have bought it and given it a proper burial.

i passed on beat up russian SKS for $650, there was a good/very good yugo sks for $600. This seller was quick to point out that i should buy it because it had this cool grenade launching device on the end.

lastly i had to call a buddy to convince me to not buy a chinese sks that took AK mags for $1100! no that is not an error, the seller really had the gun prominently marked $1100. i could have probably talked him down to $1050 though, but he wasnt that friendly.

they should have called it a comedy show, not a gun show.

i did pick up a 60rd pack of gp11 for my swiss guns for $40. other than that there was nothing worth wasting my time on. (i know i can order it for less, but i was able to get it now)

· Gold Bullet member
4,816 Posts
Unfortunately your gun show resembles, to a great extent, what the gun shows around here have become....

· Registered
1,008 Posts
I saw the title and I was like "What are you Crazy!!" but after hearing your description I'm in agreement with Homer. :(

· Registered
895 Posts
If a hacked dragoon rifle sells for 179, then what do correct dragoons sell for?
I've got a few, but don't know the value.

· Gold Bullet member
2,689 Posts
If a hacked dragoon rifle sells for 179, then what do correct dragoons sell for?

This one appears not to have sold.......Poor abused rifle.......I hope that it's butcher gets his just deserts......I am not saying that he should be sawed off and welded on, well, not quite I guess........But if he slips up the next time that he picks up a saw or torch
I probably wouldn't feel too bad..................

· Gold Bullet member
2,096 Posts
Depends on the seller's knowledge and the condition. I bought my first dragoon (a pristine 1916 Izhevsk) for $160 because the dealer thought it was a 91/30, but my last dragoon (a VG-condition, "SA" marked, finn-matched 1929 Tula) set me back $475. On average, though, they seem to in the $300 to $600 range.

· Registered
895 Posts
Depends on the seller's knowledge and the condition. I bought my first dragoon (a pristine 1916 Izhevsk) for $160 because the dealer thought it was a 91/30, but my last dragoon (a VG-condition, "SA" marked, finn-matched 1929 Tula) set me back $475. On average, though, they seem to in the $300 to $600 range.
:eek:WoW!:)

I have four very nice ones.
1929 SA
1919 SA
1926 SCW

Had no idea they were worth that much.

· Registered
603 Posts
:eek:WoW!:)

I have four very nice ones.
1929 SA
1919 SA
1926 SCW

Had no idea they were worth that much.
Hold on to them. They are only worth that much if you sell them. Keep' em and they are invaluable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.