Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of the smaller parts fit both the Rasheed and Hakim, I was wondering if the front sight globe from the Hakim will fit a Rasheed? Thanks all! Phil

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Seriously? I've owned both until about a month ago, and I cant imagine anything interchanging between the two other than a screw or two. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
Seriously? I've owned both until about a month ago, and I cant imagine anything interchanging between the two other than a screw or two. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
Just about all the parts of the firing mechanism on the trigger guard (hammer, struts, springs, etc.) are exactly the same, as is the spring for the gas valve and (I am assuming) the gas valve itself.

About a year ago, I lost the 'cover plug' that fills the hole that is used to get the detent parts inside the breech plug on one of my Rasheeds. At the present time, that hole is filled with a plug from an AG42. Yes, the AG42 plug needs filing down (in length only. The AG42 breech plug is a lot wider) to match the size of the Rasheed's breech plug, but the point is the AG42 part fits and performs the desired function perfectly, even if not shortened.

·
Registered
15 Posts
A. Do you or any members know of someone that sells the following parts (Item 1, 2 &3 below):
1. Barrel Band Base, Front for Hakim
2. Front Barrel Band screw set (1 short and 1 long) for RASHEED
3. Recoil Spring Guide (attached to the dust cover slide) for RASHEED

B, Does any one have information on following items a. & b. (I purchased Hakim spring set and I am planning to trim making them shorter to fit in RASHEED)
a. Recoil Spring dimensions (length for two short recoil spring, secondary and one recoil spring , primary) RASHEED
b. Recoil spring guide sleeve length (It is installed between the tow short recoil spring , secondary) RASHEED
Thanks and appreciate your response
Fred

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.