Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nothing special..my first 44 44.....has a stock repair on the left side up at the muzzle end...
great bbl....

mike in co

·
Registered
17,621 Posts
+1

extremely common, the most i believe were made in'44. I know of 4 in the household.. all are 1944 Izhevsk ... now if it was a '44 tula that's a different story.

·
Silver Bullet Member
563 Posts
^ummm... yeah, what sax said. I purchased my first Izzy m44 in '03 for $79(it was my first milsurp too). If its another post war refurb to me its worth $120-150. They have been importing hoardes of these carbines for years(1944/5 izzy most common). I have to admit I really like the 44 because its lighter and shorter than my hex izzy 91/30(which I just got from j&g for $129). Both are great shooters which is why I buy them, im not really a mn collector yet but they are multiplying...

·
Registered
17,621 Posts
^ummm... yeah, what sax said. I purchased my first Izzy m44 in '03 for $79(it was my first milsurp too). If its another post war refurb to me its worth $120-150. They have been importing hoardes of these carbines for years(1944/5 izzy most common). I have to admit I really like the 44 because its lighter and shorter than my hex izzy 91/30(which I just got from j&g for $129). Both are great shooters which is why I buy them, im not really a mn collector yet but they are multiplying...
mech4.. you have a m38? They are even more handy due to the loss of weight from the bayo.

·
Silver Bullet Member
563 Posts
mech4.. you have a m38? They are even more handy due to the loss of weight from the bayo.
No sir, I do not but I have shot one and its on my list of rifles to acquire in the next year or so. Trying to see if I can find one locally or at a show before I hit the auction sites/trader.

·
Silver Bullet Member
563 Posts
cheap one one the trader.. 170$ ish
Im a japanese rifle collector - I just bought a type 38 cavalry carbine and have two navy type 99 projects going on. Wish I had the money because at $170 I'd buy it right now, im just swamped with projects im trying to finish before a feb deadline. Thanks for the referral though, ill keep my eye on the trader.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,545 Posts
...huh?...what was this thread originally about?...:p

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,545 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
563 Posts
My apologies to the op, I got way off topic. Please post pics if you are able to talk the seller out of it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts