Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a M98K DOT 1944 for some time now and I have seen them blued, purple phospated on some parts and the Russian Black I cannot remember seeing one Parkerized. This gun is about 99% overall with a mint bore and totally matching. Stamped bands and trigger guard are also matched Handguard and stock are marked dot with the handguard marked on the out side Is this a fake, a rebuild or what All dirty birds are intact and seem to have been applied BEFORE being finished I have had a few K98's but am far far far from expert Any thoughts on this ????? Thanks RETREAD

·
Registered
487 Posts
late dot44's began using phosphated parts. usually not the whole rifle though. common parts to see phosphated are the bolt, some bolt parts, sight parts, and bottom metal. Barelled actions tend to be blued.

If the whole gun is phosphated (basically parkerizing) then I would suspect it had been refinished.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Phosphate DOT 1944

I have suspected the same thing The curious part is the matching numbers on all components even the rear sight slide Stock is still heer marked and the handguard and stock are also DOT marked I cannot help but wonder WHO actually did the refinish without the mixing of parts Thank you so much for your advice and insight RETREAD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts