Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my eye on a 1917 smith&wesson at a local gun shop.It is priced at 400 which I fell is a good deal but it has been parkerized.I am sure it is either a military refurb or factory refurb.looks almost new.What would it be worth since it has been refurbed?I can't find any that have sold that weren't blued.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
103,551 Posts
Factory refurb wouldn't be Parked. Many 1917s were re-arsenaled for issue as a Standard B item in WWII. They would have been Parkerized during that. Dunno whether $400 is a good deal or not, though I'd say likely to be marked at that down here. Might or might not sell at that level, though.

·
Gold Bullet member
14,167 Posts
If it is in good solid condition with a good bore, it is well worth $400 IMO. They are good shooters and in demand. Make sure the serial number and US Property markings are in tact on the bottom of the grip strap.

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,099 Posts
When you look it over look to see if there are marking such a AA for Augusta Arsenal or other such arsenal markings. If it was overhauled and refinished for WW2 by the Army the arsenal that did the work would have stamped their mark on the revolver. But even without such marks a good condition M1917 revolver would be worth the $400 is my area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.