Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sponsor
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a papa nambu (1st variation TGE) that came with these magazines. Hopefully, the pics are clear enough... Are these correctly marked for this variation gun. They are identical and are unnumbered. The interesting thing about them is that they are very heavy, indicative of heavy gauge steel used for the bodies; and the bases, of course. Thanks for your insight.

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
What about the numbers and markings on the rear spine?

·
Gold Bullet member
6,215 Posts
Rob, yep you got good memories.

Grapppa, have you had a chance to disassemble your TGE ? Why I ask, is that it seems like many of the naval owned pieces that had some kind of work by their arsenal (As indicative with the strange navy marked mags that we both have on ours. Mine also came with a submarine unit mark on the holster) has had the pistols reassembled with a mixture of different pieces. My example is in very good condition for a navy Papa with similar tone and texture of the metal surface but the frame assemby (bottom) and the barrel assembly (top) are two sets of different numbers. It may well be a post war put together but I have heard of another collector owning a similarly nice condition navy Papa with similarly mixed part numbers, and was wondering if the Toyokawa arsenal was just sloppy in putting together the pistols without much consideration in keeping the numbers matched.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.