Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy I know showed me a papa Nambu at a show. It had some hand applied Japanese?/Chinese? Characters appied to the slide. I seem to remember something very similar in Banzai a short while ago. Any significance to this? Anybody have any pictures to post?

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
A guy I know showed me a papa Nambu at a show. It had some hand applied Japanese?/Chinese? Characters appied to the slide. I seem to remember something very similar in Banzai a short while ago. Any significance to this? Anybody have any pictures to post?

May have been something in Harry Derby's Japanese handgun books.

C/

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
Didn't some Papa Nambus come out of Taiwan post WWII? This might be one of them, as i think they labeled them with the markings of the Chinese Nationalist Army.

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
Didn't some Papa Nambus come out of Taiwan post WWII? This might be one of them, as i think they labeled them with the markings of the Chinese Nationalist Army.

Chris,

I think markings like those you've described are what's pictured in Harry's handgun book(s). Mine aren't handy at the moment, otherwise I'd check.

C/

·
Gold Bullet member
6,110 Posts
If those are the electro-pencil marked "National Army" lettering, you can see the article by Teri Bryant a few issues ago on Banzai.

·
Registered
8,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Takehito,
Thats it, it was electro penciled. I'll have tp look through my back news letters.
Thanks, Big Ed

·
Registered
8,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found it september 07 Banzai pg 243 Same markings on a papa nambu. If I go back tomorrow I will try to get serial number etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts