Gunboards Forums banner

Panzermuseum Munster

14K views 60 replies 25 participants last post by  Clyde 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
#6 ·
real, it shows up here fine, high-resolution pic, pic heavy.

#9 · (Edited)
Thanks for your patience!;)
Some how this time Short cut didn't work-- I had to upload to the server.

Hope ok now!

Panzerjäger IV and Jagdpanther

Königstiger

#10 ·
Now we can see the pictures. I know the Jagdpanzer IV/ L 48 & the Sturmtiger used to be in Aberdeen's collection. I would bet the Brummbar and the Jagdpanzer IV/L 70 came from there, too. Nice pictures.

#11 ·
Looks like I lose that bet, at least as regards the Brummbar. The Panzermuseum's Brummbar, like their Tiger I, was built up from scrap parts. In the Brummbar's case, these were mostly sourced from the Musee de Blindes in Saumur, while most of the Tiger I's structure came from a scrap yard in Normandy.

Abedeen's Brummbar is now at Fort Sill, where many of the SPs seem to be going, since it looks like the Fort Lee idea is done.

#14 ·
The issue was with the server, it is down now, but once is back I will post HD on the Tiger I and II-- Big azz pictures High res

Also if I may ad to just comprehend the size of the tank look at the link below

Armen

#16 ·
I would highly recommend that anyone who goes to Germany make an afternoon visit to the panzermuseum. Besides the heavy metal they have quite a bit of Rommel's and Guderian's military artifacts as well as a huge number of WWII German uniforms. Well worth the effort and time.

#18 ·
After WWI, the Renault tank was immortalized as an antique auto Radiator Mascot. The Renault tank was the first tank with a rotating turret. Interestingly, the Japanese used the same tank in WWII because it was small and they could transport it to the islands they occupied in the Pacific. Several of these tanks are on display at Camp San Luis Obispo in San Luis Obispo, California.

Peter Zobian

#23 ·
After WWI, the Renault tank was immortalized as an antique auto Radiator Mascot. The Renault tank was the first tank with a rotating turret. Interestingly, the Japanese used the same tank in WWII because it was small and they could transport it to the islands they occupied in the Pacific. Several of these tanks are on display at Camp San Luis Obispo in San Luis Obispo, California.

Peter Zobian

View attachment 885480 View attachment 885481
A hoist of them were transported to the bottoms of lagoons in the South Pacific as well. I've seen them in Truk Lagoon.

#22 ·
I have only been to this museum once. I was at the dedication ceremonies as a guest.
I drove up from Sensheim with the curator of the Auto u. Technik Museum.
At that time there was only 2 buildings, the Admin and one with some restored armor.
I also got to tour the work shop area and see what they were in the process of restoring. Very interesting.
Most of that work was being done by guys as training for working on the Bundeswehrs panzers.
Some day I will get back and look at it in its' finished form. Should be very interesting!
Sarge

#24 ·
Great pics and thanks for sharing. For any of those who are into armour there is a great museum in Kubinka Russia which is just west of Moscow. There is tons of soviet/russian hardware of course but they also have a dedicated building for German armour including what may be the only example of a Maus around. I can post pics if anyone is interested.
Cheers

Clayton

#30 · (Edited)

then
[video]https://youtu.be/1UtvkGXGsOI?t=44m30s[/video]

#37 ·
Here are some pictures taken from Kubinka Russia Tank Museum. Enjoy!
Thank You great pictures. Panzer VIII Maus is literally one of a kind!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.