Discussion Starter · #42 ·

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
100,667 Posts
This was testing against the side armor, notice the 82mm mark above the guy in the center for 82mm thickness.

I seen this picture before but have no idea on the location or time.
So proving ground test. Still looks like AP shot, not sure of size, but LOOKS about right for a 100mm (on further consideration, looks a bit larger than an 85mm when considered next to the people). A bit small, I think, for a 122mm.

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
That guy on the left is a "Yes-Man" from way back.
;)

Were Russian so obsessed with clearing all the battle damaged armor and haul them to the side for some sort of afternoon picnic. They Love makeshift museum about the defeat of Nazi fascist -- Big O victory parade. I guess, I know the answer to that puzzle LOL

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Bovington Museum

Found this for nice inside footage of Tiger 131
One of these years must visit Bovington museum, That may be a long wait for it to cross the ocean. LOL

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I passed through APG a number of times over the years and saw the collection go from rusty to hastily painted to rusty to beautifully restored and back to rusty again. Sorry to hear the collection has been broken up. The stuff behind the fence was also very interesting, equipment that was tested and rejected but the staff got to keep playing with it. That's where I saw the T92 light tank before they put it out on the main drag from the front gate.

·
Silver Bullet member
6,068 Posts
A few years back I was talking to the lucky part-owner of a genuine Panzer III that had recently been refurbished at astonishing cost. It's by far my favourite WW2 tank, being a bit like me - nimble yet packing a reasonably hard punch, elegant in a sort of stubby way, but showing its age. And old and more than a mite cranky.

I asked him what it was like to actually drive it, and he looked at me and replied, well, it's like being dropped down a juddering escalator in an old steel garbage can and at the same time, tearing up hundred dollar bills.

tac

·
Silver Bullet member
6,068 Posts
Hallo
please have a look to this Homepage:
http://www.vffwts.de/
This is the "Wehrtechnische Studiensammlung Koblenz"
If you have questions about this great museum of the German Bundeswehr. I hope I can help You.
Helmut

Thanks and Welcome Helmut! That's a great first post, too. For those whose German is a mite rusty, there are a few really impressive videos there - just click on 'video' - go full-screen, and turn the volume WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY up!

Panzer MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSCH!!!!

tac

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Trying to think of a funny caption here but I can't. :)

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Here is a rare one.

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
41 - 60 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.