Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Diamond Member
4,293 Posts
Now we can see the pictures. I know the Jagdpanzer IV/ L 48 & the Sturmtiger used to be in Aberdeen's collection. I would bet the Brummbar and the Jagdpanzer IV/L 70 came from there, too. Nice pictures.

·
Diamond Member
4,293 Posts
Looks like I lose that bet, at least as regards the Brummbar. The Panzermuseum's Brummbar, like their Tiger I, was built up from scrap parts. In the Brummbar's case, these were mostly sourced from the Musee de Blindes in Saumur, while most of the Tiger I's structure came from a scrap yard in Normandy.

Abedeen's Brummbar is now at Fort Sill, where many of the SPs seem to be going, since it looks like the Fort Lee idea is done.

·
Diamond Member
4,293 Posts
Didn't the Tiger I or a Tiger I originally also come from APG? And thanks for posting the pictures. Excellent.
Aberdeen's Tiger I spent time in Germany, where it was restored, but is back in the U.S. now, waiting to go in the museum at Fort Benning. A description of Munster's Tiger I can be found here: http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_Tigers.pdf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.