Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

·
Gold Bullet Member
20,569 Posts
Whatever you are posting is not being displayed. I see 4 empty posts.

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whatever you are posting is not being displayed. I see 4 empty posts.
real, it shows up here fine, high-resolution pic, pic heavy.

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks for your patience!;)
Some how this time Short cut didn't work-- I had to upload to the server.

Hope ok now!

Panzerjäger IV and Jagdpanther

Königstiger

·
Diamond Member
4,292 Posts
Now we can see the pictures. I know the Jagdpanzer IV/ L 48 & the Sturmtiger used to be in Aberdeen's collection. I would bet the Brummbar and the Jagdpanzer IV/L 70 came from there, too. Nice pictures.

·
Diamond Member
4,292 Posts
Looks like I lose that bet, at least as regards the Brummbar. The Panzermuseum's Brummbar, like their Tiger I, was built up from scrap parts. In the Brummbar's case, these were mostly sourced from the Musee de Blindes in Saumur, while most of the Tiger I's structure came from a scrap yard in Normandy.

Abedeen's Brummbar is now at Fort Sill, where many of the SPs seem to be going, since it looks like the Fort Lee idea is done.

·
Gold Bullet Member
20,569 Posts
Great pics (once you got the links working..)!!!

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The issue was with the server, it is down now, but once is back I will post HD on the Tiger I and II-- Big azz pictures High res

Also if I may ad to just comprehend the size of the tank look at the link below

Armen

·
Registered
69 Posts
I would highly recommend that anyone who goes to Germany make an afternoon visit to the panzermuseum. Besides the heavy metal they have quite a bit of Rommel's and Guderian's military artifacts as well as a huge number of WWII German uniforms. Well worth the effort and time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
After WWI, the Renault tank was immortalized as an antique auto Radiator Mascot. The Renault tank was the first tank with a rotating turret. Interestingly, the Japanese used the same tank in WWII because it was small and they could transport it to the islands they occupied in the Pacific. Several of these tanks are on display at Camp San Luis Obispo in San Luis Obispo, California.

Peter Zobian

1renualt-tank-mascot.JPG 1renault-tank-mascot-IX.JPG

·
Registered
189 Posts
How cool.

The Panther has a script "L", the unit insignia of the Panzer Lehr Division -- my dad's outfit.

I'll be over there this summer for a rifle competition, maybe I can make it up there to see the museum.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts