Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking around in the bullet room for some 762X51 To shoot in the FAL and I found some pakistan. Its in 20 rd tan boxes in a 50 cal cans of 400 rds the year is 84. Is this stuff corrosive? And what is the primer a boxer or berdan?

I dont know how that 6 got up on the title oops!

·
Administrator
9,793 Posts
Pakistan 7,62

Berdan primer, POF (Pakistan Ordnance Factory) and should be NON-Corrosive.

Regards, Doc AV
AV Ballistics.

·
Gold Bullet member
549 Posts
I have a case of 1980 and it is non-corrosive and berdan primed.

regards....roger

·
Gold Bullet member
549 Posts
Whats the price on this stuff now that ammo prices have gone nuts?
Haven't seen it advertised in several months.

regards....roger

·
Silver Bullet Member
12,034 Posts
The primers are non-corrosive, but clean all that black gunk out of the bore. It will absorb water and cause rust.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
At gun show in Sep. guy had it for 30c a round in boxes of 20 rounds. I am sure it is at least 40c a round now, if you can find it. The only deals in 308 is when some private individual is selling off his stuff at gun show, or when you can find it on the trader. Other than that, there are basically no deals to be found. Ammo has gone the way of oil, it seems to go up daily!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I will just shoot my good old reloads. I dont feel right shooting ammo that is worth that much money.

Anyone seen surplus 762X51brass for sale anywhere?

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
i bought it but everyone poo pooed it it shot just as good as any other surplus in my FAL,chicom M1a.india enfield..it was ment for G3 type rifles..that india enfield is a dead on shooter what ever i put in it..i got it when they first came out it was a real tite one that needed only cosmetics..one good spray of black epoxy and let dri for 2 weeks and a tru oil stock job...good as any sniper with iron sites

1 - 11 of 11 Posts