Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what happened to the excellent CCW information website known as www.packing.org ? It still comes up on a search, but is not out there. New address? New sight? Is there an alternate websight with this type of info you folks can recommend?
Thanks, MM

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Last time I visited they seemed to be takng some of the information down, as links were not working to various areas. I got the distinct impression that they might have been preparing to go offline, not sure why.

Unfortunatly I was in a hurry at the time and forgot to go back and look afterwards.

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator/Administrator/
28,012 Posts
that's to bad

if true. I just this morning was telling someone about that site for CCW info. The state locator was a great tool. :(

·
Administrator
18,247 Posts
The site was run by a college kid and when he started law school he just didn't have the time anymore. If you Google packing . org you will find various discussions about this and suggestions for alternatives including from the kid who ran packing . org which he listed in his farewell letter. I used to have those links for a couple of suitable replacement sites but that was on another computer.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,573 Posts
Packing .org is no more, period. A few states sites have their states laws ECT., check google or dogpile. GA has a pretty good one.:D

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator/Administrator/
28,012 Posts
to bad

the NRA or GAO didnt pick it up. Would have been a feather in their cap!

·
Silver Bullet member
1,141 Posts

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
It's gone. The information was well organized. The folks in the forums however were so rude they ran me off!
You got that right! It was kinda like the RKBA forum here...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts