Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had really bad weather for the match, which kept alot of guys from showing up. It was dark overcast, rainy and misty, and that made the shooting very hard. The Japanese team won the match and the top two finishers were early T-38 rifles. My real early 3 digit serial # T-38 top first with the other early T-38 right behind it, a M-1903a3 was back a little for third place. Both of the T-38's were shooting the "big" bullet load [ as posted in the T-38 load sticky ] , and both had to use the 'front sight just sticking up in the rear V ' sight picture . Both T-38's did have some vertical stringing of hits due to that [ the poor light made it worse ] . A typical target was 3 hits in the 10 ring and 1 a little high and the other a little low. All the groups were around 2.5 inches as 1 of the "stringers" added an inch to each group. For the Japanese team we also had T-99 and Type-I rifles . The Type I shooter did not do as well as he normaly does as he wears glasses and they were covered in rain drops, he was tying to see the sights with " insect eyes " ! mag

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
Congrats on your shooting.
Is that a 3 digit Koishikawa or one of the series marked, later rifles?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was not real proud of my shooting, it was by far the worst I have ever done with that rifle. But the conditions were so bad everyone else did as bad too, so I need to look at it that way. Yes it is a original 1st year production rifle, that is why I called it a Very early rifle. I do not know just how many rifles a day they made when they first started up production, so I do not know if a 600 number is first day, week , or month ? ? The rifle has a typical early "big" bore, it is .263 land and .274 groove. You can see what would happen if I used a .263 dia bullet, it would be a smoothbore ! That is why I used the .268 dia bullet load in this rifle. mag

1 - 3 of 3 Posts