Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked a Eddystone P14 today serial # 19xx . The metal is excellent, bore is excellent but I'm not sure about the stock , theres the brass tag on right rear butt with no markings on it. What if any cartouches should be on the stock ? The guy said make me an offer but neither of us know the value . The condition of the stock matches the metal , but I thought there would a bunch of Brit proofs? I forgot to mention it also has volley sights. Thanks Bill B

·
Registered
108 Posts
P-14

Please post pictures if you can,

without pictures I would say if the rifle is all there and not cut or anything like that then you are looking at around a 5-600 (that is in my opinion a mid range estimate). Of course price differs based on condition, matching serial numbers, etc. etc. the british proofs will be along the side of the reciver (if it has any) and there should be a stamping on the butt stock that has a broad arrow, a "IE" in a circle and "Patt. '14" . but post some picks and see what happens.

how much does the guy think he wants for it?

I would try to pick it up for under 300 bucks (start low and see where he will go with it).
rmeyer

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The rifle is matching numbers and overall in excellent condition. I didn't notice any stock proofs and thought it might have been scrubbed, Iwill have to take a much closer look. I know there were some marks on it but nothing that stands out at the moment. "old age". I'll see it again Friday for a better look. Thank you for the advice , it is appreciated. Bill B

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't get to look at the P14 today but when he said he'd take $200 for it , I just said I'll take. I pick it up on Monday, can't wait. I think he gave me such a good deal because I'm buying a ton of surplus ammo from him also, whatever works. This 14 has volley sights ,is that unusual ?

·
Registered
14,762 Posts
I didn't get to look at the P14 today but when he said he'd take $200 for it , I just said I'll take. I pick it up on Monday, can't wait. I think he gave me such a good deal because I'm buying a ton of surplus ammo from him also, whatever works. This 14 has volley sights ,is that unusual ?
You are doubly lucky. Many volley sights were removed when the P14's went through the Weedon Repair Centre prior to WW2. (rear apeture arm cut off, dial pointer removed, and the stud for the pointer ground flush with the dial plate.)

Rush out and buy a lottery ticket while you are still lucky! If the wood has not been cut, YOU STOLE THE RIFLE AT THAT PRICE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts