Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello....would a S&W model 10-10 be considered +P rated??....wondering if it would handle critical defense fodder..Thanks very much,Scott

·
Registered
510 Posts
Should be fine. I wouldn't shoot them as a steady diet, even if you can afford them. Fine pistol for the .38 Special.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Hello....would a S&W model 10-10 be considered +P rated??....wondering if it would handle critical defense fodder..Thanks very much,Scott
Yes.

If in doubt, contact Smith and Wesson. A steady diet might be an issue, but a K-frame should be OK, particularly one built that recently.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Scott,

You got good advice about the M10 S&W. An M10 was my issue duty gun in my service years and I carry a 2-inch M10 today.. As for +P loads, are you considering Factory or Handloads? Both should be fine, but a steady diet will cause set back and require refit as I learned at S&W's armorers school.

Webley

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Currently listed this way on the S&W site
SKU: 150786
Model: Model 10
Caliber: 38 S&W SPECIAL +P
Capacity: 6

·
Silver Bullet member
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the advice folks...my wife really likes the feel of it(it was a California corrections turn in)...will prop stick to standard pressure Critical Defense for her sake but good to know it can handle it....i shoot milsurp (M41??) for practice....Scott

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Over on the S&W if the gun has a model number then it is capable of firing plus P ammo. But not as a steady diet. Practise with the plus P but use standard ammo for range use then if you have a ccw then load your defense ammo. Frank

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Over on the S&W if the gun has a model number then it is capable of firing plus P ammo. But not as a steady diet. Practise with the plus P but use standard ammo for range use then if you have a ccw then load your defense ammo. Before you leave. Frank

·
Silver Bullet member
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heck with prices being what they are..."make every shot count" means more then ever...Scott....will most surely limit any +P to a minimum

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,811 Posts
Over on the S&W if the gun has a model number then it is capable of firing plus P ammo. But not as a steady diet. Practise with the plus P but use standard ammo for range use then if you have a ccw then load your defense ammo. Frank
That applies to steel frames only. A Model 12 is not +P rated.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
I'm guessing a Model 12 has a different frame made out of something other than steel?. Most likely aluminum ?. Frank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts