Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, this question has been nagging at me for a bit so I thought I'd ask: How much +P ammo are you comfortable running through a Makarov?

I have a decent stash (2,000rds) of Santa Barbara 9mm corto that I picked up awhile ago. This is pretty hot ammo, it pushes an 88gr bullet at ~ 1160fps from a Mak-length bbl. I've already shot over a thousand rounds of the stuff through my Arsenal, so that would be 3,000rds total. Is this going to cause significant wear to my mak? I recently changed out the stock recoil spring for a Wolff 19#. I just dont want to turn it into a paper weight.

·
Administrator
4,834 Posts
"This is pretty hot ammo, it pushes an 88gr bullet at ~ 1160fps from a Mak-length bbl" did you get these numbers from a chrono or are these factory supplied numbers? If you've already put 1,000 rounds thru the gun with no problems then I wouldn't worry about it. If I was concerned about wear I'd used a 21# spring instead of the 19# spring.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This ammo is 30-year old Spanish surplus so I don't think there are any published specs. I got those numbers from chrono data gathered by Stephen A Camp using a Walther PP.

A member here who is located in Spain once told me the ammo was manufactured for civilian SD use and not meant for regular consumption.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts