Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I landed this p 38 with holster and knife this weekend and was wondering if anyone would give me so intell on the pistol as I am not up on P 38s. I dont even know how to get the blade on the knife open and am not going to try till I find out how. Thanks C

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
nice find what you have is german gravity knife..400.00 + you use the lever on the side as u point i down ..gravity... and point it up to lett it slide back in.. the parts may be loose in side...i sure would like to have one ..they still make the knife with plastic handles for about 40 bucks they are surpluse german army 60's-80's,,yours is WW2 nice total rig

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
From what I can see, the P38 is a Spreewerk manufacture from late 1943. It appears to be in great condition. The holster, just from wear patterns, seems to be original as well. The grips appear to be correct for a Spreewerk as well. There is nothing rare or special about an h-block Spreewerk, but to have one in that condition is a great find!!!! You will need to check to see if the gun is all matching. The 4 serial locations are on the left slide, left frame, front barrel flat, and bottom of the locking block found when field stripped. Nice rig!!!! Dave

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I'll add a couple of things - the gravity knife is of 1942 or later production. It is also the take down model - push the square button and the head pulls off and the handles split apart so the blade can be removed.
These were issued to all flight crews and Fallschirmjägers.
Nice find!!! How is the blade marked?
Sarge

1 - 5 of 5 Posts