Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
36,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an email with Alan Gottliebs name on it from the CCRKBA tonight.

It concerns sending faxes to all the senators and/or representatives.

Problem is when you go to the link:

Tell Congress to REJECT Banning Guns and Protect the Second Amendment!

YES, I want to help FIGHT Against ANY "ANTI GUN" Bill!

Click Here to Review Fax

We need to mobilize folks to take action right away... So we've set up an easy way for you to make your voice heard LOUD AND CLEAR -- you can send "Blast Faxes" to hundreds of U.S. Congressmen AT ONCE, urging that they REJECT ANY "Anti Gun" bill that includes ANY "legislative strategy" to beat guns into submission. For about what it would cost you in time and telephone charges, you can send Blast Faxes to:

ALL 51 Democrat/Independent U.S. Senators for just $19
ALL 49 GOP U.S. Senators for just $19
ALL 100 U.S. Senators for just $29
ALL 233 Democrat/Independent U.S. Representatives for just $59
ALL 202 GOP U.S. Representatives for just $55
ALL 435 U.S. Representatives for just $99
ALL 100 U.S. Senators AND ALL 435 U.S. Representatives for just $119!

And then asks for your credit card information.

If this is for real its way worse than any other solicitation I've ever gotten from any other gun rights organization. if they were really interested in contacting the legislators they'd know this sort of stuff just never gets past the clerk who checks them before printing.
And the price is outrageous - it really cost NOTHING to send a fax if you've got a toll free line.

If it's a scam, and the probability is high because the email is suspiciously crude and a quick scan of the CCRKBA website showed no mention of a paid fax campaign, it needs to be stopped, fast.

Spread the word, I'm emailing the letter and site address to the CCRKBA

·
Silver Bullet member
36,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No more on it.
No feedback from my emails to CCRKBA on it.
And lots of their website is out of date.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
98,793 Posts
I tend to deem Gottlieb a scam, myself. But this looks like it might be another scammer hitching to his coat-tails. In any case - if I feel the need to contact one or more CongressCritters, I just do it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've been a member of CCRKBA since around 1976, and am definitely on Alan's list. I haven't received anything like this - reckon it's a scam. Then maybe he's come up with a new way to make money! I haven't been as generous in recent years as I once was. (It's like I can carry $100 worth of groceries at one time now. It doesn't leave a whole lot for donations!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts