Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a year of trying to stack everything behind a door and out of sight of my wife's prying eyes I finally found time to hang them on a wall. Not perfect but at least she said it looked good! Maybe she liked it due to the fact she picked out the color I used on the pegboard....

It's nothing compared to some of the great "man caves" and other large displays shown here on the forum by other members, but I'm pretty happy with it so far. I appreciate all the help, info and advice I've received from board members since joining.

After putting the bayos on the board I realized I needed two more rifles to balance out the bayonets!! :cross Now to figure out what two rifles to keep a lookout for...

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,304 Posts
Neato! Looks very nice. Always nice to see my ol Nagoya 28th series again :)
I think Albacore is right about your flags :tisk:

·
Silver Bullet member
297 Posts
After putting the bayos on the board I realized I needed two more rifles to balance out the bayonets!! Now to figure out what two rifles to keep a lookout for...
That's as good a reason as any, but if that doesn't fly with Mrs. skim, point out how UNLUCKY a 13 rifle display is!

·
Silver Bullet member
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks great!

Except I think one if not both of your flags are upside-down.
Hey, thanks Albacore, I wasn't for sure and just have them attached temporarily until I can find a better way/place to hang them. I will turn them around. The last thing I want to do is make any board member who reads Japanese have to stand on their head to read it! ;)

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
Theft- get an alarm system. A cable won't slow down anyone.

Hopefully there is a door to the room that will remain closed and the contents not advertised locally.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,412 Posts
Its a fantastic display. Dont even break a sweat think about how it stacks up to the gunrooms/man caves of others. We all have to work within our means/space/skills and in many cases (but not mine) a significant other. You are miles and miles ahead of the rank and file collector whose stuff hides in closets of shame and never sees the light of day. Some of my more worry wart colleagues thought my gun room was silly. "some one may steal all your stuff" they say. Its true, that could happen and I could die tomorrow as well but at least I will know the joy of being able to see my collection from a comfy chair and show it off to friends. My collection took on a new life when I took it out of the closet and gave it its own room. of course the down side is constant shuffling and new construction brought on by more purchases.

·
Administrator
3,265 Posts
Very nice, heck of a nice display. When I lived in Castle Rock Co I did the same type of thing, had a wall that had sections each of lugers that I owned, another of western guns and then some WW2. I used brass hooks, 2 for each pistol or rifle, and the brass was covered in clear surgical tubing; it was nice, I would take down most of the display when I was out of town, but otherwise had it up. have very little displayed here...

Ed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.