Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the couple weeks since I became interested in Maks, this and the previous gun boards have been very interesting to read. Lots of expertise. Wouldn't it be great if someone turned all this knowledge into a book?

BTW, Wikipedia has interesting reading. In one place it says: "Russian and ex-Eastern Bloc 9 x 18 mm PM ammunition is inexpensive and widely available. However, much of this is Berdan primed and corrosive. Ammunition claiming to be non-corrosive should be treated as corrosive if manufactured in eastern Europe (due to concerns over quality control)." Didn't realize it's really 9.3mm.

·
Registered
217 Posts
torpeau,

I think the guys a makarov.com are compiling information and planning to write and release a book sometime in the near future. I'd love to see one myself.

·
Super Moderator
6,354 Posts
We'll be seeing George's name on the New York Times' Best Seller List.

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
I considered doing a book using the Soviet Armorers book as a base and then adding notes, but try as I might, I could never find any Russians willing to translate it! They said it was too technical to translate easily!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Well, I've been recently contacted by an American gentleman who is doing the book on Makarovs - had helped him with images of very early PM's (1949, 1951 etc) ans well as with some related stuff. So - something is being cooked right now, stay tuned watch out

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Well, I've been recently contacted by an American gentleman who is doing the book on Makarovs - had helped him with images of very early PM's (1949, 1951 etc) ans well as with some related stuff. So - something is being cooked right now, stay tuned watch out
Thanks Max for the exciting news.
Looking forward to it. :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
There are at least 4 Makarov related books in the works that I know of, two I am working on, one by the Gentleman in CA, who I think is who max popenker mentioned, and another in TX who is working on a book about 9x18 Makarov Caliber weapons in general.

Thanks for the vote of confidence North Bender, but I kinda doubt my name will make it on any best seller list.....:p

As far as new books go, there was a recent book published on Russian Military small arms and Ammo, covers everything from the PSM upto morters, including specs, pictures, cut a way graphics, etc. its hard back, 11x8 and about 1800 pages. Yours for the measly sum of $495.00 :eek: (I'm really not sure if that was a typo or not, but thats the posted price)

-George

·
Registered
72 Posts
I look forward to your book, George. Any customizing tips? or more along the lines of history and decoding? Price tag along the lines of the above? :D

Edit: Also wanted to add that I really appreciate the makarov.com site. For being a new MAK owner, it's a life saver. Thanks!

·
Registered
344 Posts
One book is on the History, Markings, Importers, Accessories, Holters, tools, training equipment, who had what, etc. The Second covers gunsmithing, custom work, aftermarket parts. Tricked out custom Makarovs, prototypes and repair.

-George

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
George, I tried to PM you but no results. I have a few interesting bits of Mak-paraphenalia you might want to photograph. Let me know if you are interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts