Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please indulge me on a helmet question. The helmet in the photos is in an antique shop that a fellow collector spotted and asked me if it was correct. The tag attached to the helmet says "WWII Japanese youth." The helmet does appear like a Japanese style helmet but the emblem is throwing me off also if I read the emblem correctly it reads "blue" Not being a uniform collector I need to defer to you all on this one. TIA.

·
Banned
1,487 Posts
It's some sort of civil defence helmet Edokko will probably know what the emblem is

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
The kanji on the reads "sei", a single-character abbreviation for "seinen" (youth). I can't see from the photo the exact configuration and construction of the helmet, but the tag appears to be a generally correct representation of what's being offered.

C/

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Want to thank you all for your replies at it really helps to educate me in areas that I know little about. One more quick question on this helmet just for my own knowledge. What is a helmet like this worth?

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I recall correctly they were asking $225

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Morning fellows:
Gee the helmet emblem is "sei" and that is short for "seinen" ( youth ) shouldn't that be sent to Senior Member Seinen ?, that would fit well into his avatar of training goodies.
Vicasoto

1 - 9 of 9 Posts