Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..and everything has changed here!
I am just happy that my nic's stilll active!
I am feeling definitely Rip van Winkled...except that all my rifles are still intact.
Finally found a calm minute to see what's going on here.
my last few months have been quite a roller coaster: dumped by my company unemployed, out of funds (although that was the time I found a finned MN 91 1897 Sestroretsk) and being brought back by some really good pals to my old company! Just like in a third rate movie /We know he's a son of a ..... but he's the only guy who can do that job")
Now that things have settled I wanted to see the old playground
Best wishes from Vienna to all of you!

Spider

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Welcome back. Glad to hear that your luck is improving just hang in there and everything will work out.

·
Super Moderator
11,699 Posts
Хей, Паяк! Къде се загуби?

Welcome back, spider! I was beginning to think that we here in the good ol' USA ain't good no more for New Unified Europe.

(Unified Europe, European Community... what oxymorons... No offense, though.)

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,789 Posts
Welcome back and congratulations on getting your job back. Now show 'em why they can't do without you!

·
Gold Bullet member
1,533 Posts
Welcome back!

So did you manage to to pick up that antique Sestr'tsk??

T

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes!
Quite a find as it was simply listed on a photocopied list in the gunshop as "russ.7,62...130 $" . They had to search for a while, but i could not believe my luck. I must confess I was deeply traumatized as a boy because the first rifke I wanted my dad to buy at an auction was a Mosin..we missed it because someone put the wrong label on it.
Isn't that great what would have cost thousnads of bucks with a shrink was remedied for a mere 130 $!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Good to hear from you again!

·
Gold Bullet member
1,533 Posts
Congrats on that snag! Well done!

I love those mosin gems that fly under the radar because the nimrod seller lists the rifle as moisin nagat, musin, izhmosin or some other mis-nomer.

Well, from a guy that usually pays full price and rarely seems to find "a steal", my hat is off to you on this wonderful find.

As for the therapy for childhood trauma:
We don't need no stinking Freud! Just gimme a mosin!!

Life is better with Mosins! ;)

T

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
:) Welcome back. Nice to see the "oldtimers" return. I recently picked up a VG BH marked P-38 that spent some time in your country. It's a SVW 46 (blued) with 1957 BH marks inside the holster flap and STOLLA WIEN pressed stamped on the back. Probably near the end of its Service with the Bundesheer at that time???. Imported into the USA in the early '60s. Do you think KH would sell me his BH marked M44 to go with it for my collection???;):D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts