Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends and Members:

I received this and just had to share...sorry for the OT, but this is, I believe, special...

Please grant me one OT without any negatives, but rather with your prayers instead, as I see kids I "just" coached in Tee-Ball when they were 7 years old getting ready to deploy to the middle (rotten) east.

(God speed, Timmy and Tommy-- come back safe!)

TIA for prayers for Tim and Tom, now "grown men" at 20 and 22 years old, in service to us all.

"There is a huge rock near a gravel pit on Hwy, 25 in rural Iowa.
For generations, kids have painted slogans, names, and obscenities on this rock, changing its character many times.

A few months back, the rock received its latest paint job, and since then it has been left completely undisturbed."

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I will put these young men in my nightly prayers my friend.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The one descriptor to which I always return is "magnificent".

They are all always in my prayers.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,538 Posts
That is awesome! Thanks for sharing it. Reminds me of the America (and Americans) that I grew up in back in the 70's and 80's.

God's protection and blessings to Timmy, Tommy and all our armed forces in harm's way.

T

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,380 Posts
It is sometimes hard to see kids grow up and put themselves in harms way. But that is one of the primary things that makes America the greatest country on earth. Our youth. generation after generation continue in that finest of traditions.

Bless both Tim and Tom as well as all their fellow soldiers, sailors airmen and marines as they bring the fight to our enemies in their back yard so we don't have to fight them here!

·
Copper Bullet member
951 Posts
Thanks, They have my support.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Pretty tough to beat, that. They are always in my prayers. I know 2 more of their names, now. I wish "they" would let them get it done and come home.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Shy-

I'll add them to my list, and if I can just add a couple more I coached: my son Josh, now 20 and with the 173rd in Afghanistan, and Jimmie, who to me will always be that 9 year old tenaciously chasing the soccer ball, who is now 18 and who just reported to the 3d ID at the beginning of this month and is a Cavalry Scout running Bradleys near Baghdad.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,843 Posts
Bless 'em all, God speed.

Poot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts