Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the higher cost of Milsurp ammo lately, I've been thinking about doing some more reloading. But it used to be, Ebay had a big supply of military brass normally offered. Now that they've changed their policies, just wondered where everyone is going now. Looked on Auction Arms, and Gunbroker and they barely have any 308 brass offered. A fraction of what Ebay used to have. Figured on looking for some 54r brass too. Anyone know where all the fired brass is being sold at?? Greg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Greg

I have the following:

Albanian 7.62 X 54R 1980's once fired brass

Turk 8 MM once fired brass

Yugo 8 MM once fired brass 1950's

If you need any of this, please PM me.

God Bless America

Louis in Deep East Texas

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters and Swords member
11,160 Posts
I have purchased from an Arkansas outfit Blue Star Ammo & Brass for several years and while they may be slow at times have always given me great prices and gone the extra mile. The Dad died recently and the son, Pat Garrett, is running the company and sheriff of the county.

Their internet site is http://www.blue-star-inc.com and they have both new and once fired brass along with all the other reloading components.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have lots of once fired x54r ammo. All bulgarian.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wideners Shooters Supply often has once fired Lake City brass for sale in bulk quantities, as well as pulled bullets from milsurp ammo.

·
Registered
1 Posts
BrassJunkies

When ebay quit letting us auction on their site we created a new site, brassjunkies.com. We hope you will give us a try. We've only been up a few days so please help us get the word out.

·
Gold Bullet member
550 Posts
I have the following:

Albanian 7.62 X 54R 1980's once fired brass

Turk 8 MM once fired brass

Yugo 8 MM once fired brass 1950's

If you need any of this, please PM me.

God Bless America

Louis in Deep East Texas

This is all berdan primed - right ??

regards....roger

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,527 Posts
When ebay quit letting us auction on their site we created a new site, brassjunkies.com. We hope you will give us a try. We've only been up a few days so please help us get the word out.

I would certainly think someone in this line would probably do very well by sponsoring gunboards. hint hint.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Yeah I agree...but there is one guy selling 1/3 mix commercially that's not sponsoring so what the heck......

·
Registered
253 Posts
Coyotewillie,
I suggest, you first purchase, one or two loading manuels.
Then, after reading them, contact Midway, or GRAF, and son for components.
Finnish Lapua 7.62X54R brass if the best you can get but expensive, Graf and sons sells Yugoslavian, for half [35 cents each] as much but, expect less than 1/2 the reloads compared to Lapua.
Please note, Bulgarian brass if made after 1949, had the large berdan primer which is IMPOSSIBLE to find, and Albanian brass is QUESTIONABLE at best for reloading. Welcome to the board, and happy reading.
Alko

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the replies. I've picked up some 54R brass, but I'll continue to stock up. I've been reloading for about 25 years now, but have taken for granted the availability of brass. Now that ebay dumped on us again, it's hard to find deals on brass like there used to be. Lets face it, they did have a lot of brass and componets posted, sometimes at a decent price. But its just like surplus ammo, a lot of people haven't stocked stocked up (like me!) when it was readily available. I've got some stocked up, but not near what I'd like. So, I'll start looking for componets and spend some winter evenings rolling my own. Greg

·
Registered
504 Posts
A gunboards sponsor, Centerfire Systems, shows a lot of brass for sale in their latest paper catalog, in cal .40, .45 and 30 carbine, this is new and unprimed brass. Check them out, I bet they would be happy to fix you up in any caliber you seek.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts