Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am searching for some boxes to ship 3 or more rifles.
Have tried all the places listed in our phone book that sell shipping containers with no luck.
Any Ideas?? Thanks

·
Gold Bullet member
11,320 Posts
UPS Stores have them for about $6-7 for a 6x6x50. Better to buy in bulk, but sometimes that's not practical.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,780 Posts
Go to a building site and look in the dumpsters, last time I needed some, the flourscent lite boxes worked perfectly, and the scrap carpet pad was also useful. The price was the best part, FREE

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,830 Posts
You could buy some of the hard gun cases. If the rifle is valuable, it will be beter protected. They are not that costly as they run 10/12 dollars and can be used later also.

·
Copper Bullet member
951 Posts
I'd go with ULINE or cpw's suggestion . Ive used Uline inthe past and bought their smallest lot and they come in handy Bones dimensions will handle any normal non scoped rifle.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,341 Posts
The UPS stores here have Golf Club boxes. Work OK for some rifles, inserted at a diagonal, just need more filler.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thank you for the tip about Uline. I just placed an order.

The boxes are 8 x 4 x 52, so the total volume is 1664 cubic inches. This is good news if you use the USPS Priority Mail to ship, since their threshold for kicking you into the higher rates for oversized parcels is 1728 inches.

About $3.25 per box, including shipping to me (VA). Great deal.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,082 Posts
They are sturdy boxes as well. I ship rifles overstuffed with bubble wrap and these boxes can take it. If you are shipping short rifles, you will have to find some material to fill it up, or cut it down a bit.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,527 Posts
The best place I have found to get rifle boxes is by purchasing more rifles.

:D

·
Registered
320 Posts
The best place I have found to get rifle boxes is by purchasing more rifles.

:D
<nodding> That is where all of mine have originated ... I probably have about 4 dozen "rifle" boxes carefully stored downstairs that were in good enough condition to reuse.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts