Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did a couple M-39s with Tom's 1/3 Mix tonight while listening to baseball (Tom sells the mix on the Trader).

It is a great product and priced well, but "man-o-days", do I feel like I have Baby A$$ soft hands after working with it for a couple hours.

After using GoJo and a number of other soaps/cleaners to try to wash my hands and attempt to get the "girly soft" feeling off my hands, they are still SO SOFT (and smell good). Must be the BLO. :eek:

Charlie the Dog sniffed me a bunch when I went back into the house. He wasn't sure what he was smelling, but seemed to like it.

Maybe I can get the Big Princess to daub some behind her ears, then buff her down after it sets up ;).

·
Registered
761 Posts
Well I sure am glad to see someone else has found "other" uses for the mix. I discovered it's magical properites long ago. I work in a refinery as a Millwright so my hands tend to get callused. Tom's 1/3 mix will if I choose leave my hands in prime pimp condition. If I find my hands getting too soft I'll use surgical gloves or a rag to apply it. The only problem is that the use of gloves and rags lacks the "sensual" experience of barehands..On a side note lately I've discovered that you can blend re-furb Russian shellac just by adding a little bit of turpintine too the mix. I pull a tablespoon from the can and mix it with some turpintine in a seperate container rub it in and it blends the shellac.Buff with a cotton rag the next day.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I did Mrs Cajuns high dollar end tables with the mix and scored major points.
Last night I walked into the den and found her reading a Guntraders guide,(with the smell of Finn mix in the air) It just don't get any sexier than that.

·
Gold Bullet member
550 Posts
:)

regards....roger

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,789 Posts
Welcome to-

GUNBOARDS: AFTER DARK!

Oh my...

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,789 Posts
Hey Shy,
You didn't have any Barry White playing on the stereo while you were working on those, did you? You're starting to scare me...

Poot

·
Registered
129 Posts
I used it on a Turk stock in the kitchen while my wifey was at work. When she got home she LOVED the smell and gave me credit for cleaning the house based on that scent alone. That's the only time I didn't get fussed at for doing gun work in the house.

Tom, you should make a cologne based on that stuff.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Barry White's "Rhapsody in White" is good mood music for a number of things, including a rub down session with my rifles. Tom's 1/3 mix is an excellant cologne, a dab behind each ear an your go to go.

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,304 Posts
So, what's it made of?

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Gold Bullet member
1,533 Posts
I can't wait for Tom to read this thread! Just an honest guy from Texas trying to help out some fellow milsurp collectors...and then this happens! ;)

T

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can't wait for Tom to read this thread! Just an honest guy from Texas trying to help out some fellow milsurp collectors...and then this happens! ;)

T
If it burns its way around the collecting community and helps him sell a bunch more, that's OK with me!

·
Gold Bullet member
1,533 Posts
I'll bet, he'll be pleased to have the extra exposure!!

Maybe he'll even send you a couple of tins!

T

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow that looks like some good stuff! I just ordered a couple of tins. And you guys say it works well on the women folk too?
This is purely speculation on my part. Others have suggested the smell is "suggestive". :) Of exactly what, I am not sure.

(I will remark that the smell reminds me of my long-dead Grandfather's oil "paint-by-numbers" kits when I was very young. Either the turp or BLO (maybe both), but it did bring back some memories of being in his basement when I was maybe 6 or 7 years old. As a matter of fact, it was my Grandfather who took me shooting for the first time, with a Crossman .22 CO2 pellet pistol, in his back yard on Olive Avenue in Lakewood, Cleveland. Still have the Crossman, which my Dad kept until he also died. Doubt that it would hold a charge after all these years.)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Barry says, get some

1 - 20 of 37 Posts