Gunboards Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since my cigar thread was yanked faster than one could read "other topics are welcome" in the Forum heading, I was wondering if I could get a list of politically correct OT's that will keep us all on the straight and narrow. Since other topics are obviously not welcome, I'll keep this "collectors related" as not to upset the forum police. Below is a photo of my favorite Springfield .45, it has a Docter Optics red dot sight, target barrel, and a 2lb trigger. It will shoot a fly in they eye at 50 yards. I collect handguns...are handguns ok to discuss in a collectors forum?...just checking. Nevermind the delicious Opus X, H. Upmann, Cuban Cohiba, and the other two Arturo Fuentes in the photo as they are not approved OT's. Although they go well with shooting and golf I wont discuss them here. Even though they taste well and have a nice aroma, apparantly this is not an OT subject that is politically correct, so I will not discuss them here. I also wont discuss how much I like the A.F. Hemingway Torpedo while out in the boonies with an MRE and 500 rounds of ammo. If anyone wishes not to discuss their cigars please feel free not to do it here......

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I did not see a photo of a CAO Brasilia (or anything else), which I love to intermix with the aroma of a good surplus gunpowder (Yugo goes good with these) or Ely modern .22, with its unique cachet to the nose. Nothing like a good stoogie to mix with the smell of gunpowder off the bench or other place you shoot. Perhaps a Punch and a Pabst while rubbing 1/3 mix in the garage while listening to the ALCS on the radio?

Then an Upmann with Hoppes vapors while cleaning after the range. (At that time, it may be OK to introduce a beer or a Vodka, as long as chamber is clear and no ammo at hand.) These examples are the side benefits of shooting and collecting.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I were to discuss this, which I wont, I always start with the lighter ones. You must cleanse your pallet with the lighter wrapped ones first...err, um...I mean, Ed's Red is my favorite rifle barrel cleaner and works best for the type of shooting I do. I really like a good light Macanudo too with a cold Ale...did I say Ale...I meant Eley, yeah...Eley Tenex for target shooting is my fav.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
A Montecristo No. 5 could almost make me start smoking again.

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,047 Posts
In order to avoid getting threads moved, I'd stay with a topic that is in reference to the meaning of the forum. When it says other topics are welcome, the owners are referring to other topics alluding to guns and not hitting the other forums.

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,125 Posts
Interesting. Just where did the thread get moved to?

There is no "miscellaneous" forum listed, that I could see. Also, the thread URL you posted requires an administrator password, which I do not have.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,262 Posts
Current Events/Grumpy Old Men, which is a passworded forum.

SlimTim

·
Registered
226 Posts
At first, I thought this might be another Clinton thread. That put me off cigars for a while.

What I really like is a good cigar while working on lawnmowers. Speaking of lawnmowers...

·
Registered
591 Posts
Ther is also a place for the least expensive cigar brands while shooting....At times the mosquitos get too thick for quality target practice at the range and nothing helps drive them away like a White Owl!

·
Premium Member
9,938 Posts
If you push your luck with this you will not be posting about anything here. Is that clear enough?

Since my cigar thread was yanked faster than one could read "other topics are welcome" in the Forum heading, I was wondering if I could get a list of politically correct OT's that will keep us all on the straight and narrow. Since other topics are obviously not welcome, I'll keep this "collectors related" as not to upset the forum police. Below is a photo of my favorite Springfield .45, it has a Docter Optics red dot sight, target barrel, and a 2lb trigger. It will shoot a fly in they eye at 50 yards. I collect handguns...are handguns ok to discuss in a collectors forum?...just checking. Nevermind the delicious Opus X, H. Upmann, Cuban Cohiba, and the other two Arturo Fuentes in the photo as they are not approved OT's. Although they go well with shooting and golf I wont discuss them here. Even though they taste well and have a nice aroma, apparantly this is not an OT subject that is politically correct, so I will not discuss them here. I also wont discuss how much I like the A.F. Hemingway Torpedo while out in the boonies with an MRE and 500 rounds of ammo. If anyone wishes not to discuss their cigars please feel free not to do it here......

·
Premium Member
9,938 Posts
8) Stay on topic. This is not a sound off board for your views on life, politics, or the like. We talk about guns here so stay on target. For gun control issues or the like try The Minefield or the Grumpy Old Men boards.

As stated in the rules. At times we do let some things slip by but for the most part we do try and keep this on topic. Since you had a posting locked I would think you understood the topic was not wanted - As that does not seem to be the case do you understand this NOW?

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,047 Posts
Throw a red flag out.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.