Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's part of what makes me a red-neck by the description given by the hairy-armpit bulldyke "anti" brigade here in Aus. A four wheel drive vehicle, a couple of big dogs and guns!

What makes YOU qualify?

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts
Where's the charger bridge and Bayonet lug ???

pugs...
That right there is actually Bubba himself. They've been ground off to make that thing a better deer huntin' rifle. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
OT

The Pentagon announced TODAY the formation of a new 500-man elite fighting unit called the United States Redneck Special Forces (USRSF).

These South Carolina boys will be dropped off into Iraq and have been given only the following facts about terrorists :

1. The season opened today.

2. There is no limit.

3. They taste just like chicken.

4. They don't like beer, pickups, country music or Jesus.

5. They are directly responsible for the death of Dale Earnhardt.

The Pentagon expects the problem in Iraq

to be over by Friday.
Tired. Tread-worn. Down at the heels. Old news. Rednecks have traditionally been among the first to rally and fight; from well before 1861 and onward in U.S. history. "Leroy" is alive and well and making a fine account of himself.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The Pentagon announced TODAY the formation of a new 500-man elite fighting unit called the United States Redneck Special Forces (USRSF).

These South Carolina boys will be dropped off into Iraq and have been given only the following facts about terrorists :

1. The season opened today.

2. There is no limit.

3. They taste just like chicken.

4. They don't like beer, pickups, country music or Jesus.

5. They are directly responsible for the death of Dale Earnhardt.

The Pentagon expects the problem in Iraq

to be over by Friday.
heh... thanks for the good laugh :D

·
Banned
1,737 Posts
International humor

Son, I find your International humor a little cold…..:rolleyes:

·
Banned
904 Posts
tsk tsk Son

Some are a little touchy on the Iraq war....and in a way you can understand why...hundreds (thousands???) of their children are dying in the sandpit for nothing.

Tough price to pay for oil and the continued 'friendship' of Israel.....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Israel is our greatest ally. If it weren't for them the Muslims would have made a lot more progress in there war on the US.

·
Registered
14,762 Posts
Some are a little touchy on the Iraq war....and in a way you can understand why...hundreds (thousands???) of their children are dying in the sandpit for nothing.

1. IF it was for oil, WHYINTHEHELL is my gas (petrol) so bloody expensive?

2. I have become accustomed to hearing that "dying for nothing" CRAP from our left wing wankers. Its a little odd coming from you.
3. Next you will be telling me tell me it was hasidic jews the flew those aircraft into the world trade towers and the pentagon.

·
Registered
55 Posts

I am, personally, NOT "touchy" on the Iraq War. I AM touchy that anyone would even see humor in attaching "redneck" to this serious conflict as if there is some faction of the U.S. populace particularly fond of mayhem by virtue of their perceived heritage. My momma can call me a redneck, but you don't know me well enough - its a personal thing. Really.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts
My momma can call me a redneck, but you don't know me well enough - its a personal thing. Really.
Guess I missed the part where anybody here called you anything...

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts
Ah...okay.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Evening Mr. Sukey,
Someday, I would like to hear your explanation for the connection between the war in Iraq, where thousands of people have died for nothing,except of course Sadam and his sons and the World Trade Center turned into a pile of silica... be it for oil or whatever. And... where is Bin ladin ?? I have to struggle to find current information about our efforts in Afghanistan. Also.. I'm not a left or right wing anything and I am certainly not a wanker.... I more interested in right and wrong. Would I be correct to assume that if the war in Iraq was indeed for oil that you feel we should be reaping the price rewards by now ? There's a war to pay for.. we're screwed.
Do you actually feel that we haven't created one of the top 3 all time shit storms in our history with virtually no hope in sight ? Do you feel that what ever Sadam may have been able to hide or get out of the country along with anything you feel was found in regard to weapons of mass destruction had anything to do with September,11 2001 ? The last I heard it was two airplanes that took the towers down, Orchestrated by Osama Bin Ladin... not a bunch of pesticide filled bomb shells from Iraq.

Next you'll be telling us that when we leave Iraq there will be peace,order and no chance of a civil explosion.

Try to remember John...If the people standing in front of your soap box don't agree with your line of thinking.... it doesn't translate to them being a wanker. It is their right to do so, preserved by so many before us who died fighting for that right, which I feel the current administration and the war in Iraq have made a mockery of.

David

·
Registered
55 Posts
Guess I missed the part where anybody here called you anything...
Extrapolation/association, if you like. My heritage and experiences are such that I resent the use of the term "redneck" as a means of characterization/stereotyping, which for many people like me may be found objectionable for various reasons; personal or assumed, based on heritage, place of birth and experience. I believe that the posting is not humorous just as I would not find a similar posting about any other socio-economic group among any other culture. But, everyone has a right to say what he/she thinks, within the bounds of this forum - including me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Evening Mr. Sukey,
Someday, I would like to hear your explanation for the connection between the war in Iraq, where thousands of people have died for nothing,except of course Sadam and his sons and the World Trade Center turned into a pile of silica... be it for oil or whatever. And... where is Bin ladin ?? I have to struggle to find current information about our efforts in Afghanistan. Also.. I'm not a left or right wing anything and I am certainly not a wanker.... I more interested in right and wrong. Would I be correct to assume that if the war in Iraq was indeed for oil that you feel we should be reaping the price rewards by now ? There's a war to pay for.. we're screwed.
Do you actually feel that we haven't created one of the top 3 all time shit storms in our history with virtually no hope in sight ? Do you feel that what ever Sadam may have been able to hide or get out of the country along with anything you feel was found in regard to weapons of mass destruction had anything to do with September,11 2001 ? The last I heard it was two airplanes that took the towers down, Orchestrated by Osama Bin Ladin... not a bunch of pesticide filled bomb shells from Iraq.

Next you'll be telling us that when we leave Iraq there will be peace,order and no chance of a civil explosion.

Try to remember John...If the people standing in front of your soap box don't agree with your line of thinking.... it doesn't translate to them being a wanker. It is their right to do so, preserved by so many before us who died fighting for that right, which I feel the current administration and the war in Iraq have made a mockery of.

David
If I may: Mr. Bush and his advisors appear, in my opinion, to have been seriously incorrrect in their assessment of the situation in Iraq under Mr. Hussein. We make no apology for supporting our forces as U.S. citizens, for each of whom we care. Wish the Iraqi people cared as much about democratic nationalism as we "Americans" do - may/may not happen. They wouldn't have the option without the present struggle. Oil? May well be an issue - will not be the first time in history that this happened - Japan conquered the South Pacific in an attempt to secure its oil (and latex/rubber) supply; bombed Port Darwin with impugnity and there followed a long and bloody war to remove that generalized imposition - to the benefit of the Commonwealth and the remainder of the free world so the "oil" issue is specious unless some nations which do not produce this vital commodity have no need for its importation. Throughout history, any nation which had the ability to protect its own vital trade interests has done so. "Bin laden" and his cohort have a generalized goal - religion based domination; literally cramming down the throats of the non-muslim world the intent to create a civilization based on what he sees is fit for the human race. I am an agnostic so I care not what the rest of the world believes but I refuse to kow-tow to such a thing. That he has not been eliminated is a matter of too much territory occupied by too few people to eliminate without blanketing the area with enormous numbers of "boots on the ground". "If not here, where? If not now, when"? So what if the effort is for the "oil" - who will refuse it? Which nation of people is going to say "No, but thanks anyhow"? IMHO.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts
Extrapolation/association, if you like. My heritage and experiences are such that I resent the use of the term "redneck" as a means of characterization/stereotyping, which for many people like me may be found objectionable for various reasons; personal or assumed, based on heritage, place of birth and experience. I believe that the posting is not humorous just as I would not find a similar posting about any other socio-economic group among any other culture. But, everyone has a right to say what he/she thinks, within the bounds of this forum - including me.
Well I certainly support your right to get indignant over whatever may strike your fancy.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Israel is our greatest ally. If it weren't for them the Muslims would have made a lot more progress in there war on the US.
No,they are not.Israel looks out for its own interests and no other.In truth Britain is probably your best military ally,and by quite a margin.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts