Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently acquired a 1944 dated Kriegsmarine map atlas detailing the ice floe patterns by month for the North Atlantic Ocean. It's numbered and has Nazi proof stamps on both the front cover as well as inside. From what I've read, these were supposed to be destroyed to prevent them from falling into Allied hands. I'd like more information on the rarity (or lack thereof) of this item, and any additional information regarding it's use. Thanks in advance for any information.

Here's a few photos:

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
You may consider pulling up the Wehrmacht Awards message board, select the "Documents-Photographs" section and ask your question there. Some of the people who post there have an awesome amount of knowledge about Nazi German publications.

I have a nautical chart, top secret at the time of publication, of the Kola Entrance to Murmansk,Russia that was covertly made by U-Boat penetration in 1937-38. Also have a couple of air intelligence pubs showing targets in England in the same 1937-38 time period. These were quickly ID'd with estimates of value with the help of folks on the above mentioned website.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts