Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have ran into a couple of fellows who have trouble getting onto Gunboards . Ive helped them to re-log on but I think the majority of guys got lost. Do you guys notice the lack of comments (answers) that are posted? It confused me at first when I put in my user name and then had a assigned password, of 8 numerical digits.
When the cache is cleared it must be re-entered (DUH) how can one put back in ones old password that we were used to ? It would simplify the correspondance here on the boards.
IT would help immensly because not everyone here is computer savvy.

·
Super Moderator
16,607 Posts
go to usercp on the upper left and click on edit email and password then you can change it to whatever you want.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,947 Posts
You know what there is no one on earth that is less computer savy then me and if I figured it out I can not for the life of me see why others can't! I'm sorry but I think all that want to be here and have any ability to find their ways are here now! Bill

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,964 Posts
I agree with Zeebill. When I grew up, computers were only in science fiction books. Yet I manage (though there aretimes when I want to use a hammer on it or shoot it).

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Some are scared. Some are pissed. Some are wasted and they can't find their way home.

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
We've had more people online at the new site than ever before. I suspect that the disaster that we had with the web wiz forum turned some people off (it sure did me!) and they will be back when the kind of camaraderie and info that is found only here is missed. This new system is so good that it won't be long before they wander back in. I fix a handful of accounts each day and will continue to do so for years I suspect. The biggest complaint I get is some guys are not getting the confirmation e-mail and when I rest the fields I find the e-mail address is often different than what they are currently using. Any way we welcome every body back and hope that many new members sign up as we plug along.

Whats even more important is that if you like what you see here then please take a look at our contribution thread as we are still reeling from the burden of these moves and fixes.

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
No doubt there are some but too be honest use it up. In fact we have had more postings in the past two weeks than we have had in a long while. So we have picked up use we are not loosing postings. I also help a few people a day get back on site but I think most have made their way over - We have also picked up a lot of new users.

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
I have ran into a couple of fellows who have trouble getting onto Gunboards . Ive helped them to re-log on but I think the majority of guys got lost. Do you guys notice the lack of comments (answers) that are posted? It confused me at first when I put in my user name and then had a assigned password, of 8 numerical digits.
When the cache is cleared it must be re-entered (DUH) how can one put back in ones old password that we were used to ? It would simplify the correspondance here on the boards.
IT would help immensly because not everyone here is computer savvy.
To alter your password - Once logged in go to you USER CPU and you can alter the password to what you want.

·
Copper Bullet member
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks For the info.
Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts