Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any comments or anything significant here?
While I have only handled one other, it appears right and unmessed with.
Liner pads are stiff.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Looks like an amateur attempt at aging a repo to me. They went a little overboard soaking/shrinking the liner. The knife- scratches on the outside(note the inside looks mint) are the biggest give away,then they prolly used acid or bleach to seep into the scratches to give it that bright red rust. I'm not seeing the orange primer showing through either,and the "large" kanji inside looks gajin-done.... alll IMHO.... take a look at some of the other members helms,you'll notice the odd/contrived"wear"on this one doesn't jive right. Also,the sand on the inside looks like somebody may have buried it on the beach for a spell,how does it smell inside?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Another thing that is odd about it the liner has been worked over pretty good and they did make a pretty good attempt to make it look old an worn, but when you look a the chin tie even though it is wrinkled and twisted. the color of it is too good, not faded or dirty enough to match the look's of the liner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.