Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved a flyer from SOG the other day that had a winchester hacksaw for $495??? WOW!!! I guess they are expanding......

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I never needed a Hacksaw that bad but to each their own.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Unless "Hacksaw" means some kind of totally AWESOME .357mag submachine gun from the '40s, I'll pass...

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
It’s a good investment for Bubba. With that $495 hacksaw and a $85.00 M91/30, he can make himself a hunt’n rifle that is better than a $900.00 Wetherby.

·
Gold Bullet member
335 Posts
Yeah, but how much are the blades? I'm sure they would be a special size/length.

This could get expensive.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
If I bought a Winchester-marked hacksaw, would I be allowed to store it beside my Mauser-marked calipers?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Got my SOG flyer yesterday . Am thinking (bad) that
they have caught the dreaded South FL disease that
is aka Century Swamp Rot (CSR). A '03-A3 that is a
true wall hanger( welded and butchered) for almost
$250. Then the Winchester handsaw for $500. If the
handsaw was overseas, will it have the CAI billboard?
Realize that SOG is the biggest distributor for CAI...
but CSR is hard to get rid of.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Besides collecting milsurps I also collect antique tools, and I can tell you that there are a few collectors that would jump at that deal. I for one would not but there are quite a few Winchester tool collectors out in the world that would like to add it to the collection, the same way some of us milsurp collectors go crazy over Finn mosins or bringback German 98k, lugers, etc. I mostly collect Stanley woodworking tools (planes, rules, levels), but you would be surprised how much winchester labeled tools sell for at the antique tool auctions. Keep in mind the old saying,"one mans treasure is another mans trash". As a side note a lot of the Winchester marked tools subcontracted out to the major tools makers like Stanley, Miller Falls, Union Tool, Sargent, etc. Similar to the way Sears and Montgomery Wards and other retail outlets contracted out to Marlin, Winchester, Savage for their private label guns like the Ted Williams lever action that was posted a few days ago.

·
Registered
353 Posts
SOG illustration shows a Winchester Model ? Handsaw,
used, crosscut or ripsaw not noted in description.
Am wondering if Win ever made a hacksaw. Can you
imagine Bubba (100 yrs ago) "modifying" his Win
saddle carbine w/ his Win hacksaw? Too big a temp-
tation for Bubba back in the days.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
67,726 Posts
Everything has a value. Even if only $20 is received, it is $20 they did not have.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Maybe it was supposed to be a bayonet :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts