Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently I was cleaning up a Gun Room, or more accurately I was going through some stuff as I placed it in a room I just built. I stumbled across 400 rounds of Hungarian 7.62 x 39 ammo that I did not know I had. Other small treasures as well.
I found this book "World's Guns" from 1958. Very interesting firearms and prices. All the newer things, SKS, AK, FN etc. are all sketches as they were fairly new weaponry for the time and not on the milsurp market.
A Russian Model 44 cost more than a Remington or Winchester MN rifle at the time. I also found a few older weapons manuals for a Rasheed, M16 (from 1969 in cartoon Vietnam era care and maintenance propaganda) and a Parabellum ) Luger) manual. Had forgotten these.

Interesting prices and descriptions of a few rifles. Several other Russian rifles and some really obscure weapions (to me) in the book as well.

·
Diamond Member
6,840 Posts
Very interesting. I wonder what the M91 pressure check rifle goes for now? First time I have seen a drawing of one. Denny

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Wonder why it says none of the Westinghouse & Remington M91's were ever delivered (to Russia).

Also interesting that "What cost $29.95 in 1958 would cost $207.14 in 2006", according to the inflation calculator at http://www.westegg.com/inflation/infl.cgi. So although the US-made M91's vary WIDELY in value depending on condition etc., on average maybe they were about as affordable in 1958 as they are now.

Another interesting is that if you stocked up on M44's back then, you are pretty screwed today! ----> "What cost $55 in 1958 would cost $380.40 in 2006"

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
The Golden State Arms catalog is one of my favorites. More enjoyable and better gun pics than the various Bannerman catalogs... BeSwift

·
Gold Bullet member
549 Posts
The good old days !! :)

regards....roger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts