Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so our gun laws suck, we are taxed to death and our senators are named Schumer and Clinton. but western NY is a beautiful place to live.

Yesterday the Mrs. and I went to a place south of Naples, NY for our annual grape picking expedition. Here is what the place looks like. I love the cool, clear, crisp days of autumn.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Ok, so our gun laws suck, we are taxed to death and our senators are named Schumer and Clinton. but western NY is a beautiful place to live.

Yesterday the Mrs. and I went to a place south of Naples, NY for our annual grape picking expedition. Here is what the place looks like. I love the cool, clear, crisp days of autumn.
We have grapes in Erie, not too far from NY. We don't have Chuckie Schumer
and Billary

Neither of us have the Fineswine, thank God.

Glad you had a great day, but you could move to PA!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Nothing better than a quiet peaceful place to enjoy a day out.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,379 Posts
Grapes and more

In addition to grapes, we also grow more cabbage, for kraut, than any other county in the US.
A fragrant drive passed a field that was recently harvested is something to be remembered. LOL

·
Registered
532 Posts
Back when I was in college in Amherst, MA, they used to grow a lot of shade tobacco for cigars. They also grew a lot of cabbage and onions. They were both harvested at about the same time. I worked for the extension service for a while, and on a hot fall day the smell of the rotting stems of the caggages left in the fields, the smell of the onions, along with the very heavy smell of the tobacco was about enough to gag you.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
23,298 Posts
A late spring hard freeze ruined 90% of the Missouri grape crop - wineries in the Missouri wine belt had to import grapes this year to make production ---

·
Registered
712 Posts
That looks like a beautiful area.

Here in Oregon, there are so many grapes and berries and so forth growing upon the fertile soil...it's amazing. Wild grapes even grow in parts of the city of Portland, and blackberry brambles are a constant struggle you just have to deal with. Lots of superb wineries, breweries, etc. The region is well known for all that. What isn't so well known in "liberal" West Coast circles is that our firearms laws, for now, are much, much more sensible compared to those in Cali.

Not to say that the little gun-control roaches and their minions in the media don't try, try, try year in and year out...but they simply fail to comprehend that they are totally outnumbered. I even meet college age kids here with shaggy hair that are somewhat familiar with things like Mosins, courtesy of the ubiquitous Big 5. Young co-worker of mine, maybe 22, loves his Enfield...

·
Gold Bullet member
4,427 Posts
You want real agriculture in Naples NY, go over and see my school buddy Schumaker's dairy farm. Two thousandish cows, what could be better?

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
2,323 Posts
I grew up around Sonoma and Napa Counties in CA. Grapes everywhere. Now I'm on the Central Coast and I always take some time to enjoy the beauty of this place.

Here's a few quick pictures from yesterday I took of a seculded little beach I found with the girls next door.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
"Ok, so our gun laws suck, we are taxed to death and our senators are named Schumer and Clinton. but western NY is a beautiful place to live. "

I dunno Gaweidert, that's a helluva trade-off, don't think I could do that one. 'Course, you may get rid of Billiary next year and the rest of us might get stuck with her!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts