Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ship has come in! My local Washington State Liqour Store is now stocking Russian Standard Vodka, here to only available in Russia. :D

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,789 Posts
Hooo boy, here we go again!

Volganaya from Estonia.

Poot

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Shy,
My wifes first experience with drinking was Southern Comfort and orange Gatorade. She didn't have a hang over the next morning so you might be on to something with the electrolyte theory.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Does the 'Gator help keep the hangover away due to the electrolytes? Always been my theory that Ruby Red Grapefruit juice, plus a hair, along with a couple aspirin, chases the next day spooks away.
I think so, my hangovers aren't as bad as they used to be.

...plus a hair
A hair? I hope it is long and strait, not short and curly...

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I think so, my hangovers aren't as bad as they used to be.

A hair? I hope it is long and strait, not short and curly...
I was thinking "Hair of the Dog". You might be thinking in RCH units, however. A practical measurement unit for calibration of weapons and target spotting. ;).

·
Registered
75 Posts
I still prefer Stolichnaya and Stoli Raspberry. Mix the raspberry with Red Bull or mix any vodka with Gatorade or even Glaceau Vitamin water, especially XXX and you have a great drink.

·
Banned
10,396 Posts
Favourite: Zhuravliy (none here at present)
In Freezer: Zelornaya Marka (Green Mark), Nemiroff Birch flavoured (what else would a Mosin nagant lover drink that vodka flavoured with the buds of a birch tree!), and Nemiroff Honey and Chilli.

Nemiroff is not bad for a Ukrainian vodka, and it is rediculously expensive in Australia (cannot get the birch one here. In Russia, Nemiroff is cheap enough at around $7 a bottle).

As a good stand-by, Flagman is good too.

I THOROUGHLY recommend Zhuravliy IF you can find it - smooth, and does not even burn remotely on the way down (pure). Most Siberians seem to love it too.

At our second wedding recently in Russia, we all drank a cheapish vodka I cannot remember (due to the consequences of drinking it!), but there were 38 people at the wedding, and 54 empty vodka bottles.(plus Sovietskii champagne and a LOT of juice to chase the vodka)

I do NOT recommend trying to light fireworks whilst intoxicated by vodka, which I did until forcibly removed by my best man :). At least 2 skyrockets did end up going off horizontally accross towards the birch forest anyway :) :p :D I do recall toasting "Ya ochen rad vas videt' " like 50 times, and "Ya pyanniy" probably more :)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, VODKA!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
16,531 Posts
Shy,
My wifes first experience with drinking was Southern Comfort and orange Gatorade. She didn't have a hang over the next morning so you might be on to something with the electrolyte theory.
My favorite! Without the Gatorade. Straight, on the rocks, SC out of the freezer, with Orange Juice....

Gary

·
Registered
589 Posts
Favorite Vodka

I have no idea what it is called and will probably never get to drink it again anyways. A friend of mine married a Russian woman in the late 90's. Her uncle was some sort of official in the Russian government. He could not attend the wedding as it was in the states. He did, however, send over some premium Russian vodka. It was whatever they serve at embassies, state functions etc. Great stuff. I could have consumed a whole bottle myself. This from a guy who drink the equivalent of two six packs a year. Smooth as silk.

·
Registered
582 Posts
... Nemiroff Birch flavoured (what else would a Mosin nagant lover drink that vodka flavoured with the buds of a birch tree!)...
Looks like I have to see if my local guy can get a bottle of that for me to try! :D

Right now my main standby is Grey Goose on the rocks and/or with a couple olives. I'm not sure what it is about that stuff (low impurities?) - but I've gotten down right pummeled by the velvet hammer on that stuff and have never had a hang over!!! It definitely gets five stars in my book! (plus it has a nice smooth flavor - not harsh!)
:D

·
Registered
101 Posts
My pick is Fris from Denmark. Very smooth fine vodka.

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Favourite: Zhuravliy (none here at present)
In Freezer: Zelornaya Marka (Green Mark), Nemiroff Birch flavoured (what else would a Mosin nagant lover drink that vodka flavoured with the buds of a birch tree!), and Nemiroff Honey and Chilli.

Nemiroff is not bad for a Ukrainian vodka, and it is rediculously expensive in Australia (cannot get the birch one here. In Russia, Nemiroff is cheap enough at around $7 a bottle).

As a good stand-by, Flagman is good too.

I THOROUGHLY recommend Zhuravliy IF you can find it - smooth, and does not even burn remotely on the way down (pure). Most Siberians seem to love it too.

At our second wedding recently in Russia, we all drank a cheapish vodka I cannot remember (due to the consequences of drinking it!), but there were 38 people at the wedding, and 54 empty vodka bottles.(plus Sovietskii champagne and a LOT of juice to chase the vodka)

I do NOT recommend trying to light fireworks whilst intoxicated by vodka, which I did until forcibly removed by my best man :). At least 2 skyrockets did end up going off horizontally accross towards the birch forest anyway :) :p :D I do recall toasting "Ya ochen rad vas videt' " like 50 times, and "Ya pyanniy" probably more :)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, VODKA!!!
I have a bottle of Nemiroff Honey Pepper vodka in my cabinet as I write this. :D However, Russian Standard is considered the, well, standard in Russia. I did try another one that I was really pleased with last week when I was in Moscow, but for the life of me, I can not remember the name. There seems to be a pattern developing here.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts