Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Silver Bullet member
12,960 Posts
coyotes eat dogs, a fox is their mortal enemy. we used to have a lot of fox, now we have a lot of coyotes. even a healthy lab or german shepherd is no match for more than 1 coyote. a predator hunters trick is to train a lab to go out, stop on command, and haul ass back on command. then you can send the dog out a couple of hundred yards, start calling, and when the coyote (s) see the dog, they will close in. call the dog back before he gets in trouble, then blast the yote when he gets in range.... it'll also keep his eyes off you. had a friend that had a cabin in maine, had his poodle out in the fenced yard, heard yelping, ran outside in time to see the coyote or wolf, he wasn't sure which, go over the 5 foot fence with the poodle in his mouth. never got the poodle back, shortly theirafter, sold him a vasquera (sp) 44mag. i hear them packing up at dusk where i hunt my dads land here in the delta, have seen them run deer, but have never seen then traveling in daylight in a pack.... usually just 1 or 2. they are smart, so i doubt they'll be attacking children and little old ladies. every one i've seen runs like hell when they see a human.

· Silver Bullet member
12,960 Posts
they don't stop and stare around here, they know the name of the game. hard to hit them buggers with a rifle when they're wide open.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.