Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,400 Posts
Eric Holder is going to be bad news to gun owners; he said in his brief (Paraphrased) on behalf of D.C. in the gun ban case that went to the Supreme Court that no American had a right to have a working gun of ANY kind in their homes...:(

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,579 Posts
oh dont kid yourself, they will move onto bolt actions eventually.
So you guys who dont own semi auto, if you dont stand up for semi auto rights, yours will be taken to.

Because if they can take all those, whats to stop them from taking everything else.

They take bans one bite at a time, they know they cant ban all firearms at once which IS their goal in the longterm.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
oh dont kid yourself, they will move onto bolt actions eventually.
So you guys who dont own semi auto, if you dont stand up for semi auto rights, yours will be taken to.

Because if they can take all those, whats to stop them from taking everything else.

They take bans one bite at a time, they know they cant ban all firearms at once which IS their goal in the longterm.
Right on, that bolt action hunting rifle is a "sniper rifle" that fires "armor piercing ammunition"

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
So pretty much anything that is not bolt action would come off the shelves.
sorry mausers were developed for the military so anything based on the origional mauser design is included.

also any matchlock, flintlock, and percussion armes are included as they were origionaly designed for military use

when you get down to it all firearms designs in some form have ben adopted by the military.

·
Copper Bullet member
980 Posts
I will place forth the dissenting opinion on this latest gun control unveiling. Gun control legislation is nothing new, nor is it restricted to only a newly elected democratic government, and it has always been present in at the minimum a committee level. Hence, gun control legislation is always in the works and does not necessarily transcend into true law as a final instate. I believe the recent Supreme Court ruling is in our favor, combined with a collectively neutral gun control government, which means we can expect little gun control advancement over the next four years. Does this imply that gun control suggestions, if you will call it that, will simply fade or disappear from legislation? Of course not: we will continue to see anti-gun suggestions, though they may not result in approved legislation, and in turn, law. I actually feel more secure in regards to my rights than I did back when Clinton took over the office.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
WHAT????????? Come out from under your rock. Rub off the denial. This new government is not firearm nuetral. Guess you voted for him? Wonder if you will admit that in a year or two?

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I will place forth the dissenting opinion on this latest gun control unveiling. Gun control legislation is nothing new, nor is it restricted to only a newly elected democratic government, and it has always been present in at the minimum a committee level. Hence, gun control legislation is always in the works and does not necessarily transcend into true law as a final instate. I believe the recent Supreme Court ruling is in our favor,
combined with a collectively neutral gun control government, which means we can expect little gun control advancement over the next four years.
Does this imply that gun control suggestions, if you will call it that, will simply fade or disappear from legislation? Of course not: we will continue to see anti-gun suggestions, though they may not result in approved legislation, and in turn, law. I actually feel more secure in regards to my rights than I did back when Clinton took over the office.
collectively neutral gun control government
Are you high?
Have you been paying attention?
Do you know who the people Obama has placed in positions of power?
Pull your head out!!!

·
Copper Bullet member
980 Posts
Sorry...i don't do drugs and never have. Nor did I vote democratic, which I never have.

From my dead hands? Let me know how that turns out. If a total gun ban ever happens I will venture to say that we will turn our guns in like good citizens. Much to your disapointment: the news won't be filled with 'gun nuts' shooting it out with government officials. If that would happen then I think we have a lot more to worry about in life than than gun control.

Here is a tangent that as defined may be related. In addtion to an avid hunter I am also a fisherman. It is disgusting the way other fisherman leave a trash heap behind after they are through at the fishing hole. How are they contributing to the future of fishing or bringing anything new to the sport? Can the same be said of the firearms sector? Think about it, and no it is not a paradoxal thought.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Sorry...i don't do drugs and never have. Nor did I vote democratic, which I never have.

From my dead hands? Let me know how that turns out. If a total gun ban ever happens I will venture to say that we will turn our guns in like good citizens. Much to your disapointment: the news won't be filled with 'gun nuts' shooting it out with government officials. If that would happen then I think we have a lot more to worry about in life than than gun control.

Heres a tangent that as defined may be related. In addtion to an avid hunter I am also a fisherman. It is disgusting the way other fisherman leave a trash heap behind after they are through at the fishing hole. How are they contributing to the future of fishing or bringing anything new to the sport? Can the same be said of the firearms sector? Think about it, and no it is not a paradoxal thought.
I don't fish so make your point.

What facts do you base a "...collectively neutral gun control government" on?

·
Banned
3,626 Posts
Much to your disapointment: the news won't be filled with 'gun nuts' shooting it out with government officials.
I agree.....Most folks will turn them in.....Hell, I will turn them in....or at least the ones I didn't lose in the Boating accident.

If that would happen then I think we have a lot more to worry about in life than than gun control..
Actually, I would be proud to see it!!!!!......I think we have more to worry about because most would turn them in...

·
Gold bullet with Oak Clusters member
15,894 Posts
gun ban

gun ban leads to confiscation. It is time to let your congresman or woman understand that we are not going to stand for this. 1776: the war was won with less than 10% of the population actively participating. 1963: the Civil Rights movement was accomplished with less than 4% of the population participating. There will be a time when the only way to stop them is with armed resistance or the threat thereof. analyze however you will and spend thousands of hours and millions of words discussing WHY. The congress will go whichever way the political wind is blowing. We have to make them understand that we will fight. I have made a pact with myself. I am sick and tired of all the media BS, the political hype, the pros and cons, the worrying and fretting over what is banned and not banned. I am a business owner, a tax (lots of tax) payer. Never been arrested never considered anything but patriotism toward my country. I'm a combat wounded Viet Nam Veteran, and I don't care about any of this BS. I am serving notice. I have made the concious decision. I don't care what it costs. for the future of this country, for the well being of my children and my grandchildren. for my own dignity. If they try to take away my right to keep and bear arms. If they try to take away my right to the self defense of myself my family and my property. By God I will fight till my last breath. this is my pledge.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
thanks for speaking up!

gun ban leads to confiscation. It is time to let your congresman or woman understand that we are not going to stand for this. 1776: the war was won with less than 10% of the population actively participating. 1963: the Civil Rights movement was accomplished with less than 4% of the population participating. There will be a time when the only way to stop them is with armed resistance or the threat thereof. analyze however you will and spend thousands of hours and millions of words discussing WHY. The congress will go whichever way the political wind is blowing. We have to make them understand that we will fight. I have made a pact with myself. I am sick and tired of all the media BS, the political hype, the pros and cons, the worrying and fretting over what is banned and not banned. I am a business owner, a tax (lots of tax) payer. Never been arrested never considered anything but patriotism toward my country. I'm a combat wounded Viet Nam Veteran, and I don't care about any of this BS. I am serving notice. I have made the concious decision. I don't care what it costs. for the future of this country, for the well being of my children and my grandchildren. for my own dignity. If they try to take away my right to keep and bear arms. If they try to take away my right to the self defense of myself my family and my property. By God I will fight till my last breath. this is my pledge.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Hey Guys and Gals I just got this from Buckeye Firearms Association.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/6376
This is even worse than the 1989 Kommiefornia assault rifle ban which does not include several of those guns like the Ruger mini-14 or M1-carbines - unless fitted with aftermarket high capacity magazines.

In making this determination, the bill says, "there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event."

In plain English this means that ANY firearm ever obtained by federal officers or the military is not suitable for the public.
Say goodbye to the Remington model 700 sporters. Both military snipers and police SWAT teams have used this hunter's favorite to kill people for decades. This doesn't surprise me because Dianne Frankenstein's last assault weapons bill included the Remingtom model 1100 semi-automatic shotguns, which the police rarely use at all. They prefer the 870 pumps instead...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.